4.0 out of 5 stars A great read
Kyrian of Trace has made a pact with the goddess Artemis. For one act of vengence she will possess his soul and become one of her army of imortal Dark Hunters. Who, wanders the earth destroying Daimons-a vampirelike creature. To do this he has taken on all the characteristics of a Vampire.
Over two thousand years later Kyrian is captured and knocked...
Published on 23 Oct 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars entertaining
I waited a bit between Hunger Like No Other (the prequel to the Dark Hunter series??) and Night Pleasures. I was reading another series, but then the first two of the Dark Hunter series arrived at the library, and I had enjoyed the first Sherrilyn Kenyon book I read.
I pretty much devoured this book. I really liked it. Kenyon took a character alluded to in HLNO and...
Published on 24 Nov 2010 by Rebecca

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 23 Oct 2002
By A Customer
Over two thousand years later Kyrian is captured and knocked unconscious,waking up to find himself handcuffed to Amanda after she has been kidnapped in place her twin sister (who likes to think she is a vampire slayer) by an evil Daimon, who can only be killed by a Dark Hunter with a soul.
Kyrian finds himself feeling things for Amanda that he has not felt for a woman in over two thousand years. Is Amanda the one woman who can restore his soul? If so, how?
Night Pleasures is written in the same vain as Sherrilyn Kenyon`s debut book Fanstasy Lover, Julian even pops up one or twice. But, you do not have to read it to enjoy this one. I`ve read it twice already.
It`s funny, sad in places, the sex secnes are great without crossing the line of erotica, and you find youself hoping Amanda is the one who can restore Kyrian`s soul. Also wanting to know more about the other Dark Hunters who wander the earth along with Kyrian and how they each lost their souls.
A GREAT read. I`ve given 4 stars only because I can`t wait the the next installment the the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and Wicked, 4 Nov 2002
Ms. C. M. Winton "katzw82" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Night Pleasures is the story of Kyrian of Thrace a 2000 year old Daimon hunter and Amanda Deveraux sister to Selena from Fantasy Lover. The book begins with a recounting of a greek legend about a great warrior and prince Kyrian of Thrace. Made into a dark creture of night he hunts those creatures that would kill motals.
Amanda likes boring. Especially with such a strange family and vampire hunter twin sister. but her life is about to get very complicated. She finds herself waking up next to one very gorgeous, dark and sinfully handsome man. Now they are bound together and not just by handcuffs. Kyrian has no soul but Amanda is convinced he has a heart and that he needs her.
After reading Sherrilyn Kenyon's first book Fantasy Lover I could not wait to start reading this and I really was not disapointed. This book is a real page turner, I would suggest that you put aside a few hours to read it, as once you start you will not be able to stop. Filled with unexpected twists and turns that book is exciting and original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 1 Nov 2002
Susan Gould (Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I think this book is better than Fantasy Lover the first in this series, this was so much more exciting. We meet again Kyrain of Thrace who was a great friend of Julian the fantasy lover, Kyrain was a Prince and a great General who fought bravely against the Romans. He fell deeply in love with a woman who did not love him and who betrayed him, the Romans tortured him and then crucified him and that would have been the end except Artemis a Greek Goddess revived him and made him a Dark Hunter, his job was to seek out the Vampire creatures and destroy them. One day in the present time he wakes up and finds himself handcuffed to Amanda who doesn't believe in Vampires or anything that goes bump in the night. Kyrain finds himself fighting for his and Amanda's life against a very powerful vampire and gradually Amanda helps him and realises that she is the answer to his prayers, that she can help him regain his soul and maybe become human once again. At times reading this book I thought I was reading one of Christine Feehan's Dark books, it reminded me of her books but I enjoyed it very much. Both Kyrain and Amanda are very likable people, Kyrain is tough but so much alone and has suffered greatly in his past, Amanda is tough as well but she is a softy at heart and although very frightned of what is happening to both her and Kyrain she loves him so much she will do anything to help him. All in all a great exciting book and I look forward to reading the next one where we meet Talon another great Dark Hunter.

5.0 out of 5 stars a true dare devil, 31 Oct 2005
P. Marques Guerreiro "f4" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter World) (Paperback)
this is where we meet Julian's best friend Kyrian who is now a Dark Hunter after trading his soul to Artemis for revenge. This is the first full length Dark-Hunter novel and it is truly great filled with fabulous humour and scorching scenes of passion between Kyrian and Amanda - the woman who he practicaly kidnapped by mistake thinking she was his twin sister Tabitha. Amanda is a straight forward young woman who wants nothing to do with the world of the paranormal, but finds herself drawn to Kyrian despite this...and to her own powers too. Brilliant Dark-Hunter novel.

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting new angle in the vampire world, 18 Nov 2006
Helen Hancox "Auntie Helen" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter World) (Paperback)
This is the first of Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Dark Hunter" series novels that I have read and overall I enjoyed it. It follows Amanda Devereaux, a relatively normal young woman whose family are anything but - she has eight sisters, all of whom have different psychic and other powers and who spend their time being vampire hunters. Amanda's fiancé just finished with her after meeting her whacky family for the first time and she's fed up with life.

And then she finds herself kidnapped and wakes up handcuffed to an unbelievably attractive man (of course he would have to be dishy to be a hero in one of these books)... and the hunt begins. Her co-prisoner turns out to be a sort-of vampire (a Dark Hunter) with a distressing past. He has been dead for over 2000 years and was originally Kyrian of Thrace, a prince, who met his downfall through a betraying woman. Since that time he hasn't trusted anyone and has lived his life - he exists to exterminate Daimons, evil creatures that kill humans to stay alive - alone.

His plans go a little awry when he finds himself attracted to Amanda and wants to protect her. But is she safe with him as the master Daimon Desiderius is after him?

There were some great pieces of world-building in this book, if a little complex. There were also fascinating snatches of Greek and other ancient history - most of our heroes are at least two millennia old. There are some fights and there is also a lot of sex (perhaps too much, it detracted a little from the story). My one significant reservation to this story is that the evil Desiderius is remarkably helpful in terms of the plot - he has Kyrian completely at his mercy at the beginning of the story, chained to Amanda, but he doesn't destroy him. This is a rather James Bond-esque plot device (villain allows hero and heroine a chance to escape) but that seemed rather unlikely; whatever Desiderius is, he isn't an idiot.

There are lots of other side characters which I presume are the focuses of subsequent novels (I believe she's written a lot of `em) and I expect Amanda's vast amount of sisters will also end up as some heroines. The ending of the book was satisfactory but, again, the plot aspects (rather than the sex aspects) seemed over rather quickly. Perhaps this book would have been a little more satisfying with more plot glue to join together the romance/sex parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait, 22 Oct 2002
By A Customer
After reading Fantasy Lover I couldn't wait to read this. It's fast paced and keeps you gripped but I recommend you read this only when you have several hours free. Its not the kind of book you can put down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 25 April 2005
R. N. Spender (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter World) (Paperback)
All I have to say is wow. I fell in love with this book and couldn't put it down until I finished it (even after I finished reading it I still had trouble putting it down) I loved Kyrian, he was the perfect hero and Amanda was awesome. I don't know how anyone could not love Ash, Nick and Tabitha. This book made me wish I had a Dark-Hunter of my own. Sherrilyn Kenyon is my hero and I look forward to reading more the Dark-Hunter books.

4.0 out of 5 stars good series - easy reading, 30 Jun 2014
Enjoyed this series and getting to know the characters - good series - easy reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Night Pleasures was such a pleasure to read., 1 May 2014
I absolutely adore this series and am currently re-reading this series as I not so patiently wait for the latest book Son of No One. I am so excited and Don't want to miss a thing just because of my poor memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 9 April 2014
Brilliantly written mixing modern and ancient . The combination is unlike anything else I have read. Would highly recommend to friends

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter World)
Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter World) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Paperback - 4 Mar 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01