5.0 out of 5 stars Light, fun reading!
I thought this book was great! I bought it just to pass the time but as soon as I started to read it I was hooked!
It is a lovely, feel-good story and will not leave you disappointed. It is a girly book so if you're not into romantic type 'chick books' you may not enjoy it - but I certainly did!
Published on 16 Mar 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Nine Months
The main character in this book is Holly who runs a vegetarian cafe and discovers she is pregnant, after her not-quite boyfriend leaves to go travelling for a year.This book has been on my to-read list for a while, due to its interesting-sounding plot and the positive reviews I've read. This books was, however, a disappointment.I found myself disliking Holly due to her...
Published on 15 April 2012 by Mandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, fun reading!, 16 Mar 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars I want a baby now!, 4 Jun 2003
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
An absolutely amazing book, unfortunately i now want a baby! A brilliant read that i could not put down until every last word was read. Holly's character is so well written, you feel like you actually know her. Quite simply one of the best reads ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, a can't put down book, 21 Jun 2002
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
I dont' usually like 'chick lit' but this book was extremely captivating. It is well written so that you never want to put it down and follows the exploits of a potentially single mum. The character goes through ups and downs about telling her boyfriend who is away travelling for a year. This book is a refreshing change from other chick lit because it's not based in London, but Bath, and the character is not portrayed as perfect and pretnetious as so many other chick lit characters are. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babytastic!, 27 Aug 2003
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
I cannot begin my review with anything but praise for Sarah Bell and her fantastic imagination and creativity which she presents in 'Nine Months'. I was unable to put the book down from the moment I opened the book at the first page. The character of Holly seems to spring from the pages of the book and becomes a real person. Sarah Bell proves she is not frightened to explain the truths of pregnancy, from morning sickness to 'piles' as Holly would say. Taking the reader through all the fears which I expect creep up on expectant Mum's as well as the excitment, you can't help but feel involved and want everything to work out for Holly. Holly is not portrayed as perfect and 'holy', like so many female character's are in chick lit novels and this just adds to the reader's liking for her. She seems to be like the person you have always dreamed of as having as your best friend. Her sharp and witty sense of humour, ranging from her own thoughts in her head, to her opinions of what is going on around her make the book even more pleasurable. Delivered with warmth and humour, this book is a great read from start to finish and is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put this book down., 26 Mar 2002
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
An excellent read. You can't help but to read on to see how Holly's pregnancy progresses, if the "boyfriend" gets back in time for the birth and more importantly if he wants to be a daddy when he gets there. I agree with "frighteningly honest" - but I am sure every woman secretly wants to know the gory details of pregnancy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A warm feel-good book - fantastic!, 8 Mar 2002
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this romantic comedy and would recommend it to anyone who is tiring of general 'chick-lit' set in London. Nine Months is based in the city of Bath and this gives a good insight into life outside our capital.
Hence the explanatory title, Nine Months follows the trials of a single mum during her first pregnancy. Filled with humor (sometimes frighteningly honest!) and emotion, the novel takes you on a rollercoaster ride of a young woman's life from attemting to juggle the running of her own vegetarian resturant, struggling with her changing body and the uncertainty about the whereabouts of her travelling 'boyfriend'.
The author puts a fresh and funky slant on the subject of pregnancy and on completion of the story, I was left itching for a sequel!
Definitely a book to read in one sitting with lots of chocolate and wine!

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 Months by Sarah Ball, 19 April 2006
C. M. Wrench "Catherine Wrench" (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
I loved this book. It got me hooked right from the start, so much so that I stayed up all night to read it in one sitting. I loved the characters, the ups and downs of pregnancy and most of all the humour. For me this was the perfect book, one that made me laugh and cry in equal measure andI could relate to it totally. I will definitely read other books by Sarah Ball.

5.0 out of 5 stars COULDNT PUT IT DOWN, 14 Feb 2006
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
While away at a health spa, i needed something to read and this was the only book that looked half interesting. I just couldnt put it down so finished it in a day!
I could relate to it so much and was a bit freaked out as I am a young mum and veggie planning to open my own coffee shop. It has given me the determination to follow my dream.
Story line unique and well written. Even my husband (who had to listen to excerts) thought it was funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this one!!!, 6 Feb 2004
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. The main caracter Holly, could be anyone of us and the twist of events are a pleasant surprise. I would suggest all the pregnant ladies read it as it is a praise to women who give birth. For all the ladies who will become pregnant it is a guide to pregnancy with a fantastic storyline to go with it. The story is so real it could be a true story. It could happen to anyone. Funny and romantic. It gives you something to think about

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Story!, 8 Jun 2003
Kelly A. fuller "certified book nut" (Pennsville, New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nine Months (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I have to admit that I read it first because of the "motherhood" element to the story. Being a new mother myself, I find myself curious to see how other women handle pregnancy and babies. Holly is a great character, very realistic and sweet. The kind of person you would want as your best friend. This book kept me guessing the whole time, and it has a wonderful ending that I didn't really expect. All in all, a great story with a great group of characters.

Nine Months
Nine Months by Sarah Ball (Paperback - 21 Feb 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01