5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant reference
If you are like me, and interested in this field, then I recommend you also get the The Energy Medicine Kit, which has a DVD where she demonstrates various energy routines, and an easy to follow five minute daily routine. This is now part of my daily routine. Everyone should have a daily routine for moving energy.

The book and the kit are stand alone products...
Published on 12 April 2010 by L. Power

1.0 out of 5 stars Enery Medicine
I am chronically ill, I bought this book to help me. Unfortunately I cannot see any of the charts in it they are too small to read, so can't see where energy centres are. not very helpful, a waste of my money.
Published 5 months ago by Mrs Jeannie Newton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant reference, 12 April 2010
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Energy Medicine: How to use your body's energies for optimum health and vitality (Paperback)

The book and the kit are stand alone products. I highly recommend both to everyone. I got the energy medicine kit first, and I am glad I did because there is nothing quite like seeing the exercises demonstrated, and I know I would not be doing these techniques properly if I did not first see them shown. The mutimedia is format is easier to follow and use.

The book also contains the five minute routine, and is more encyclopedic. If you are not already an advanced healer I recommend getting the kit first, because you are more likely to be able to follow a visual demonstration correctly. You are also less likely to understand the concept of energy testing without a visual demonstration which is like watching a magic show.

There is so much content in this book, which is based on the twin concepts of touch for healing and kinesiology (energy testing) in which she tests your muscle resistance,and then treats. Donna can see energy, but you can achieve the same thing with energy testing.

In this book, you learn about opening the chakras, and celtic weave, figure eights, strange flows, the aura, eye movement exercises, neurovasculars or fight or flight response and many other things.

If you have health challenges, you owe it to yourself to do everything you can to resolve them. Seek professional help, go see an energy healer to resolve the issues, and by all means use the techniques in this book, and the energy kit.

If you are like me you will be very pleased with this product. If you are unsure about which one to buy first, get the energy medicine kit. I hope this review was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, extremely interesting - I love it!, 19 Sep 2011
I heard about Donna Eden a few years ago and looked her up Youtube. She seemed to have something about her so I bought her Energy Medicine Kit.

I forgot about it until this year when I heard that she was coming to the UK. I went to her workshop in London and she had such incredible vibrancy and honesty. She seems so very alive compared to other people! We went through a series of exercises and demonstrations which were fascinating. I don't like buying people's books at workshops but I was so impressed by Donna and the exercises that I bought this book.

I read about a third of it on the train on the way home! It is so well-written, explaining concepts simply, with useful tips. It's the sort of book that I want to give to everyone I know.

At the workshop David Feinstein, Donna's partner, asked us to commit to doing the "Daily Energy Routine" every day for two weeks. I didn't find it easy to commit to it, but I started doing the energy routine every morning. After about 3 weeks I found that I really wanted to do it because I feel much more energetic afterwards. Occasionally I forget to do the routine and later in the day I realise I'm not as lively as usual so I do it then. I've even added a couple of Donna's other exercises which I find helpful to the routine.

The book is fantastic; I dip into it regularly. As one of the other reviewers mentioned, the figures are sometimes not on the page near the text they go with, which isn't ideal, but I love the book anyway. I couldn't lend it to a friend, I had to buy her a copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good companion., 9 Oct 2009
A very accessible self-help book, full of fascinating information which is easy to dip into and apply as a situation arises. If you've never had experience of energy healing before, this is a real eye-opener. This book is a good companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars meridians/healing, 21 Jun 2011
being a fan of chi gung and shiatsu massage i was impressed by eden's work. its an easy to use book but for me lacks some explanation around solo treatments, there is a lot of assumption that you can get someone else to test you. however it is a very interesting book and works well with her medicine dvd which i think makes the purchase more expensive but is necessary (at least it was for me)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good overview of body energetics, 1 Jan 2010
This book is a comprehensive overview of various kinds of stuff that could be referred to as energetics. It covers, like, everything: meridians, chakras, aura, five elements, and a couple more energy systems I had never heard of. It offers an overview of what all those energy systems are all about, as well as exercises for improving your energetics in a variety of ways.

Form the educational point of view, this book is fabulous. Talking about practical usefulness, I am not so impressed. Pretty early in the book, the author introduces a simple set of exercises which you are supposed to do every day, in order to start improving your energetics. Well, I did them for a couple of months and then quit, as they didn't really feel much like anything. I also tried some other exercises from this book, and none of them felt good enough to motivate me to do them on regular basis.
I really wish I could have a session with an Energy Medicine practitioner, but unfortunately that's not available in this part of the world.

That said, there still is one thing that makes this book invaluable for me. It's because it contains an energy testing method one can do alone. Everyone tells you to do energy testing by having someone push your arm down. That is not only inconvenient (it's utterly absurd to expect me to be willing to lay my soul bare in front of another person on a regular basis), it's also way too vague to be credible in my eyes. The energy test introduced in this book is the only one I've ever seen that you can do alone. Not only that, it also gives signals that are unambiguous. No more "What was it now - strong or weak? Better do it again." That exercise is what the five stars are for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential book to read, 10 Nov 2010
Mr. M. D. Linton "Gismo1955" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This book contains information that is not available anywhere else.

A manual for life, i contains ways to deal with problems with health, without medicine, not a fix all, but more preventative ways of dealing with life's issues

Well worth reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Original, 18 Dec 2008
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
An empowering and uplifting book. You won't find many of the techniques in this book elsewhere (and certainly not put together the way they are here) and it's an understatement to say they have been tested. Donna has taught over 10,000 people and her joy and vitality inspire all who come across her and also infuse all her books. The amount of information and techniques provided is astounding, many created by Donna. Others are ancient ways of healing collected from around the world, and all are taught in her delightful workshops.

I always try to attend when Donna teaches in the UK because of the sheer pleasure of being in her joyful presence. Just sitting in a room with her is a healing session in itself. Donna had major health problems, ending up in a wheelchair with multiple allergies and MS, told she would never walk again. Donna made a full recovery (over some years) by discovering and using the self-help techniques she teaches. She is the most vital person I have ever met. She is now in worldwide demand, her very presence heals - yet she is humble and delightful and it comes across in this wonderful book.

Donna Eden is a master healer who actually sees energies. She has treated thousands of people and has taught many many more (who don't see energy) how to help themselves and others using energy techniques. You could say Donna represents soul and David Feinstein, her husband who is a clinical psychologist, represents spirit. They have collaborated on several wonderful books, all of which I own (the originals and also any revised editions). A great book by great people, this is a revised version of the original, which was published over a decade ago and reprinted in 2003.

Just one caveat - I always have trouble with written instructions. Even though I have taken classes with Donna and have studied the videos which she kindly permitted me to take myself (in the time before she started offering videos of her classes - yes, I am a fan from way back), I STILL have trouble with the techniques I haven't used for a while. If you are like me, make sure to get the DVDs created to go with this book. Not cheap but great value. I don't think Amazon sells her DVDs but you can get them from Donna's Innersource website.

[Later note: I feel it's important to mention the new mental/emotional/physical healing process explained in "The Healing Code" by Loyd/Johnson/Eble. There are hundreds of personal successes listed in the reviews on Amazon.com.]

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 18 April 2013
I've recently finished reading this book, and am very impressed with it. The book is well-written and easy to understand, and gives a good introduction to a wide variety of energy healing methods.

There's a wealth of information here, with lots of practical exercises. Topics include the meridians, the chakras, the radiant circuits, the aura, the basic grid, pain relief, protection from EM fields, dealing with illness, and more. Some areas are covered in more depth than others; for example, the basic grid was only discussed briefly, and I'd love to learn more. But given the breadth of the book, it's understandable that she can't go into lots of detail about each area. The number of practical techniques might feel a bit overwhelming, but of course you don't have to do everything. There's a simple five minute routine to get started, and then the other techniques can be added in if/when you feel the need.

Scientific references are given throughout, which may help to convince the sceptical. Personally, I don't care too much about that aspect - I'm more concerned about whether it works for *me*. And although I haven't had a chance to try all the exercises yet, I've been impressed by those I've used (they noticeably boost my energy, and my chronic joint pain has eased off a lot since I've been doing daily acupressure and now some of Eden's techniques too). The book also include case studies of people who have benefited from the methods, which are interesting and encouraging to read.

My only criticism of the book is that it's a little hard to read in places. One problem is that the text often refers to diagrams elsewhere in the book without giving page numbers, so you have to go on a hunt through the book to find them (I've pencilled in the page numbers myself). In other places, the page numbers are included, so the inconsistency is a bit odd. The other issue is that while most of the diagrams are good, there are some that are unclear. Figure 26, for example, shows the strengthening and sedating points for the meridians, and is labelled with tiny pencil marks that are in many cases too small and faint to read easily (for me anyhow - maybe your eyes are better!). This wouldn't be a problem for someone who already knows which points are which, as they could just refer to the pictures. But I'm quite new to acupressure and I had to check some of these points against the chart in another of my books to be sure I was learning the right ones. I hope these labels will be improved in a future edition.

But these are minor quibbles. Overall, I like this book a lot, and recommend it to anyone who wants to take charge of their health and learn more about how the body really functions on a subtle level. I look forward to reading more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy Medicine, 11 July 2012
I bought this book and found it very helpful in understanding the body and what makes it tick. Modern medicines do not cure ailments, they are merely suppressants. This book is for the avid physician looking to help themselves in a different way.I am finding the book very interesting and believe it is helping me balance my body in a more unconventional way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooooo Wonderful, 2 Sep 2013
This is a really good book, I loved reading it and it is full of great information and exercises that you can do to get more energy and lots more wonderful things to do to change your life.

This book arrived on time and it was well package and it was in very good condition, and I was happy about this. The reason why I gave this item five stars is because it has something for everyone and it is just a beautiful book.

I would recommend this great book to anybody who want to improve their health for the better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›