Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 June 2011
Wonderful little book that I first heard Oprah Winfrey speak about when she interviewed Jon Kabat-Zinn on her Soul Series. She said that she keeps a copy on her bedside and also puts one on each of her guests bedside tables when they stay over. I dip into at least a page of this or Letting Everything Become Your Teacher, each day for an insightful doze of Mindfulness. I would love to see this available for the UK Kindle market too! Would also recommend buying the audio version of Coming to our Senses for a slightly condensed version of the main book.
on 24 November 2010
JKZ is so very gifted at expressing simple truths about our levels of awareness, from moment to moment. I use this little book almost daily, to pick out a page and ponder on the wisdom expressed, and carry that with me throughout the day
on 26 August 2012
original, informative - although it doesn't help you to find the meaning of life, it does help you to cope with what you encounter in life
on 13 October 2011
A shot of mindfulness every day sets me up nicely for the challenges that lie ahead. Kabat Zinn is a real poet.
on 12 June 2012
Please be aware that this is being sold as a Jon Kabat-Zinn book, as excerpts from Coming To Our Senses. It IS NOT Jon Kabat-Zinn who has compiled this book, but Hor Tuck Loon, "a Dharma friend, [Jon Kabat-Zinn] has yet to meet" and who is thanked "for the concept, design and execution of this book."

Another thing is the "Buddhist Light" implications, with Hor Tuck Loon being a Dharma friend and the choice of "108" lessons. Not in accordance with the Eightfold Path, my friends!
on 10 November 2013
Very good - simple, short chapters to read when you can snatch the time in a busy day.I've already ready it 3 times. I'm buying a copy for my Mum (a young 82) who lives alone. Highly recommend.
on 28 April 2015
Actually got me rather confused about mindfulness. I love mindfulness but some of the extracts have contradicted what I know to be true about mindfulness especially lesson 6 about non-attachment. To me mindfulness and non-attachment is about knowing who you are deep in your soul and not letting external factors take you away from knowing your soul. And not let external factors be a reflection of who you are, like how you look for example. Well this book seems to contradict that and has left me confused.
on 16 October 2013
this book is for dipping into to see just what you can do to be mindful and self compassionate.
easy to read snippets make it a perfect every day book
on 1 December 2012
A lovely book on Mindfulness, I bought this as a gift for someone, I read it first (to make sure it was 'worthy' enough as a gift, and it is!
on 24 October 2015
The most helpful book towards my goal of finding some peace in my life. Amazingly easy to read, bite sized bits, easy to refer back to and I now find it much easier to cope with any stressful situation - I'm currently having counselling for PTSD so I would highly recommend this book.