5.0 out of 5 stars Putting symptoms into words has never been easier!
Your body is like an airplane's black box that records your every experience and response.

Published on 6 Oct 2007 by Mrs. T. Newton

3.0 out of 5 stars Illness..what is it teling you!
It was an interesting read...and yes...sometimes illness is a reflection of other issues in your life! A book for self reflection!
Published 14 months ago by Janet Pullan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Putting symptoms into words has never been easier!, 6 Oct 2007
Mrs. T. Newton "Sassy Brit" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Your Body Speaks Your Mind: Understanding how your emotions and thoughts affect you physically: Understand the Link Between Your Emotions and Your Illness (Paperback)

With this book, Deb Shapiro, will assist you with taking charge of your health and healing by listening and paying attention to what your body is trying to tell you from head to toe, inside and out. The premise is that all thoughts, feelings, emotions, memories, aches, pains and illnesses, are hidden messages available for you to decipher.

Your Body Speaks Your Mind: Decoding the Emotional, Psychological, and Spiritual Messages That Underline Illness, sets out practical advice in an easy to read format. I read the whole book from beginning to end the first time round, however, using it regularly, I often return to this book by dipping into just the section which matches my current ailment (be it a cold, sore throat or aching muscles, for example). Putting symptoms into words has never been easier! I also love the idea that healing comes through appreciation and gratitude rather than through resistance.

In addition, there is a CD with includes an Introduction, Talking With Yourself, and The Body Mind Appreciation meditations, which encourage positive thinking and affirmations to teach self love, no matter what you have (or may think you have) wrong with your body in terms of both your physical and psychological being. Used with the BodyMind Review (Pg 77) and BodyMind Writing (Pg 78) the whole package ensures a deep awareness and gratitude for every part of your body, even those parts that may be hurting you. This book is already a best seller here in England, along side many of Deb Shapiro's other books, which promote healing yourself and others. She is a popular inspirational author, and I have to say I am already a fan of her healing methods. Comes highly recommended with Sassy's Seal of Approval!

Sassy Brit
Alternative-Read.com
June 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked with this book for years, 29 Mar 2008
J. Barton "Jan Barton" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
Having worked in a Hospice for 10 years as a therapist and owned this book for many years, I would like to share with you that this book has been a wonderful source of information and inspiration. I have recommended it to many of my patients / clients/ friends who have an interest in the emotional content of illness. I find it a much gentler read than Louise Hay as Debbie merely asks you to "consider" various aspects of how what you think might affect your health and well being. "Consider" appoints no blame or guilt which is the last thing someone who is suffering a life limiting illness needs to take on board. A lovely book when you feel ready to open your mind to how your thoughts might affect your body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Jan 2013
Daphne Shutler (CAMBRIDGE, Cambs, GB) - See all my reviews
Not a lot of people realise that their physical problems start with mental thoughts and worries. I bought Deb Shapiro's original and have now updated to her latest book. I use the information to help Patients of mine who do not understand how they have become unwell. I do remedial massage and each person who comes in for treatment with, say a shoulder problem, I am able to suggest that they are shouldering too much responsibility. A hip problem might suggest that they are burdened and have a fear of loosing what makes them feel secure. This book is a must have to help everyone change their thoughts and their lives to improve their health. Daphne M. Shutler A.I.P.T.I.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 18 Dec 2012
a quality read and for those interested in alternative medicine a must buy, have recommended this to all my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Oct 2012
Excellent book. Very interesting how the body and mind are so linked. Enjoyed reading this informative book. It makes perfect sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Bible, 12 Oct 2013
I often refer to this book when my family and friends are feeling pain that comes from no apparent clear cut reason. Its always gives clear examples of what emotions are trapped in various parts of the body. Once the body has chance to deal with the emotion it lets go of the pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a look at!, 30 Sep 2013
This is an absolutely fantastic book and very informative. Ideal for those who are opened minded and do believe what goes on in our head is reflected in our body. If you are open minded this is definitely a book I would recommend, which can be used as a good reference. Very interesting theories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some of it is good, 30 Sep 2013
Most of this is really good but some parts left me thinking 'hmmmm, really?'. Still recommend it though - It is a shame that, in my experience, most clients/people are still very reluctant to acknowledge that their physical problems may well have an explanation/cause other than a purely organic one. This is sad - if people understood more about how their mind intercts with their body, they could potentially save themselves a lot of physical discomfort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, Right to the Final Words, 19 Sep 2013
I am not entirely sure on the reason I selected this book from my local library. In earnest, I believe I was simply on the search for something different to my usual selection of history and computer books. Although, just from reading the tagline on the cover "Understanding How Your Emotions And Thoughts Affect You Physically", I did not expect to discover much apart from someone rabbiting on, telling me how life can be difficult if I do not look after my body. I allowed myself the chance to read the first two chapters of the book and simply, I could not believe the spectrum of information the author - Deb Shapiro - laid out before me.
The book is not condescending. The author does not point the finger and say "You are ill because you are not treating your body well." No. She purely offers up simple explanations on the reasons certain aspects makes us ill and also joyful. I believe that a large collection of us have forgotten how to really smile on a daily basis, due to the simplest of factors like stress, anxiousness, worry etc. Yet, in Shapiro's book there is a magic wand of antidotes - small and large - to help with certain factors and bring a smile back to ones face.
The most exceptional part I found in the book was when the author discussed the reasons for us developing rage. In the discussion, she explains the reasons and then offers up certain exercises to help combat rage when you feel it growing inside you.
The first time I opened and comfortably read some of the book, I came away more joyful and pleased with myself. When she arrived home, my fiancé questioned whether I had been with another woman on the day. The book was genuinely helpful and I would recommend it to anybody, no matter what type of situation their life is in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 22 Aug 2013
Amazing insight into the body and how it works. All the answers you could ever need to question with regards to health and happiness really!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›