5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring
This is without a doubt the best book I have ever read on the subject of getting assignments as a freelance writer.
There's no padding or 'fluff' in here -- Mr Crofts' gets straight down to the nitty gritty of how to get work.
This isn't a book for people who want to learn how to write. It's a book for writers who want to make a decent living from their...
Published on 19 Sept. 2003 by Mr. M. P. Lewin

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacked depth of knoweldge
I bought this book after reading the reviews and felt compelled to write a review myself. I was expecting an all meat and no fluff guide, but unfortunately, the reverse is true. While there were some good tips scattered throughout, in general the book was more like an overview of the world of freelancing than an in-depth guide on how to excel in this area. In particular,...
Published on 21 July 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog-eared with use?, 15 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Freelance Writer's Handbook: How to turn your writing skills into a successful business (Paperback)
I read so slowly that most books are dog-eared by the time I finish them, but my copy of the Handbook still looks new.

This is my first guide on freelance writing and I can't imagine a better introduction on how to make money from it. Andrew Crofts has published so much that he must know what he is talking about. It all sounds right, and everything seems useful.

I like his style - lots of advice in easy prose. He isn't lecturing; he's is offering information, challenging you and coaching. It's so readable it really is difficult to put the book down.

For a beginner like me, I think Crofts has covered everything I need at the moment. Look at the Contents page - it's a pretty thorough list from: `you' (the reader/new writer) and your `ideas'; to `writing' in the real world of editors and taxes.

I think this is a good book - inspiring, enjoyable and practical. In time, I anticipate my copy will be dog-eared with re-use.

5.0 out of 5 stars In fact it's packed with so much useful information, don't miss this book anyway, 26 July 2014
Suzi (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
A gem of a book. If you think this is the direction you want to go in with your writing, don't miss this book. In fact it's packed with so much useful information, don't miss this book anyway.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly I think i was sent an older version than ..., 14 May 2015
Sadly I think i was sent an older version than what I thought I had purchased. A lot of the information is out of date but there are a few rid bits that can port over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov. 2014
Very usefull book for the up and coming author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Oct. 2014
A gift, but we'll received, by all accounts.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Freelance Writers Handbook., 14 Jan. 2013
I have not had time to read it all yet, but what I have read so far is excellent. Thank you. I do not need to compare it to anything
else as every thing I have had has been excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended..., 31 May 2009
Angela C "Angela" (Fowey, Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
There are lots of books about writing for a living, but this one has got to be one of the better ones. An essential reference book to keep.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the above, but still useful, 20 Feb. 2014
Jamie (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Not as indispensable as the WAAYB but still useful. Proablem with all these things is, you can basically get all the info online anyhow. Still, nice to have an actual book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›