on 30 March 2010
This book does exactly what it says on the tin. The recipes are great and very easy to follow. Don't eat the muesli on day one. It will put you off the whole thing. All the other recipes are tasty. I found you could switch them around or add extra things like curry pastes to the soup etc. Afterwards I felt amazing. And after feeling the opposite for ten years it was great.
Book arrived two days after ordering. Excellent service.
on 26 April 2009
The best detox book I have ever read. I have been a fan of Patrick Holford for sometime because to me his approach to food and diet is exactly how it should be, super healthy, super exciting, and super yummy! His recipes are great and the detox is easy even if you work full time. Highly recommended!
on 28 April 2010
I followed Patrick Holford's book and found it to be easy to follow and effective- in fact it has been so good at least 4 friends of mine are doing it now too
on 3 June 2009
The detox is only 9 days but the effects are fantastic. The recipes are easy to follow, quick to prepare and very tasty.
on 21 September 2010
very easy to follow and easy to stick to as you have so much to eat.
i felt better after just 3 days. my skin and hair feels soft too.
Be prepaired to put in the work of prepairing home cooked food always and notice the results.
on 30 January 2013
I have rheumatoid arthritis and thought a liver cleanse would help as my symptoms were getting worse. This book has helped my health immensely and I will be following the 80/20 rule with this book for a long time to come. Very happy customer.
on 26 August 2012
As above.

This book was recommended to me by a friend who'd had it recommended to her.

The diet may seem extreme: no caffeine, meat, wheat, dairy, alcohol, or sugar. Just vegetables, pulses, seeds and fruit, plus the odd egg and bit of oily fish.

However, a lot of thought has gone into making the programme easy to follow as part of a busy lifestyle. A shopping list for the week has been thoughtfully provided, plus the recipes in the book are both delicious and quick to prepare.

A number of them have made it into my ongoing culinary repertoire, since they really are that good. I never thought I'd say such a thing about 'vegan' food, but there you go.
VINE VOICEon 21 May 2009
This book is easy to read and understand. It gives good explanations as to why a person should detox as well as a simple plan of action. Includes recipes which sound delicious and are not too complicated to make. An excellent book!
on 16 September 2012
I suffer with gall stones so wanted a book which would help me clean up my Liver and take some strain off it. Excellent book, explanatory and helpful in how you can clean up your Liver and in turn your whole body.
on 21 January 2009
Bought this book recently and have now followed the detox twice. This is the first time I've written a review but I was so impressed had to put fingers to keyboard. Just one point that I didn't think was initially clear is that you can do the detox over three weekends 3 x 3 days if more convenient. However I did nine days on the trot. After which not only did I lose a few stubborn pounds but my skin was exceptionally clear and soft. Quite a few people commented. I did not find the detox difficult in fact it helped my to give up coffee. Having said that I do have a pretty healthy diet anyway. Now on to juicing!