on 4 April 2006
This is the book to get. With two growing children (9 and 7 last time I looked, but growing up fast) I wanted to make sure that I knew and understood about the food we put into their bodies. This book is very clear about the right food choices and how to prepare them - not just to keep them healthy and developing normally, but more importantly what food and drink is optimal for their development.
Information is presented in a very easy to read style, is clearly well-researched and presents the facts about the foods children love to eat without hysteria or hyperbole. What is amazing is that by simply following the guidelines in the book you can affect your children's behaviour for the better - that is our experience anyway - and improve their development potential.
Some of the facts about the foods our children (used to) eat are very well-worth knowing if you care about keeping your children healthy and providing them with nutrition that actually helps their brains and minds develop.
This is a powerful and potentially life-changing book, and I recommend it to all parents interested in giving their children the bast opportunities in life - I guess that's most of us.
on 15 May 2012
I purchased this book to read as recommended reading for my course so you do not always expect it will be 'easy reading' however, I am enjoying the book and finding it very informative and well explained. This book is very useful to any parent concerned about the diet of their child/children.

The book was a used but in very good condition!
on 21 December 2013
I have never been disappointed by Patrick Holford's books. Pragmatic and easy to follow; just more difficult to implement in reality.
on 12 September 2014
Excellent book. Well written. Practical. Easy to understand. Really comprehensive, well-researched information.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Optimum Nutrition For Your Child: How to boost your child's health, behaviour and IQ by Patrick Holford BSc DipION FBANT NTCRP (Paperback - 1 April 2010)

The Optimum Nutrition Cookbook
The Optimum Nutrition Cookbook by Patrick Holford BSc DipION FBANT NTCRP (Paperback - 1 April 2010)