5.0 out of 5 stars simply AMAZING and insightful book to read!
Published on 29 Nov. 2002 by Helen

1.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointed
I don't really know what to expect these days from derek. I used to be quite a fan but now his books seem to be more of 'Lookk at me' and 'how great am I' books. This is the same the books jumps from me, me, me to more me, me, me lacking in any real narrative or content.

A dissapointing read! Anyone could have written this book. Hope the next book is better.
Published on 20 Aug. 2006 by Peter Rayburn

5.0 out of 5 stars simply AMAZING and insightful book to read!, 29 Nov. 2002
Helen (Wakefield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Ever since i noticed somewhat 'strange' unexplainable things happening in my life i have been seeking many answers. It was only when my brother decided to buy sky for the entire families pleasure, that i discovered the psychic realm. Many of the things i saw went a short way to explaining what was happening in my life. I was first introduced to 'Derek Acorah' via living tv's 'most haunghted'. Being curious i visited the tv's website and discovered Derek Acorah had one of his own. Through this i discovered his book. Within a day of recieving his book i had completed it. It is the best read i have ever had. It explains things in understandable terms, as well as giving us as much detail as possible! There are many topics covered in this book, from dereks own experiences, how to develop your own skills, what tools can aid your skills and simple protection prayers, as well as defining spirituality. Guidence is offered by a truely gifted man in this book, to enable people to be less frightened by the seemingly unknown. It has certainly helped me discover what skills i have, and to differenciate between the skills of a pyschic and medium. If your interested in this topic, or want to confirm your own experiences, this well written book has it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars See The Light, 19 May 2003
I can recommend this book to both believers and sceptics, the content of this book will have life changing effects. If you are a Derek Acorah fan then this is a must for you as it tells his life story and development. The book also details personal development not only to develop any psychic skills but to develop yourself as a person. Derek Acorah is open and honest in his beliefs and merely asks for you to consider his words. The book is written in an easy to understand fashion which will cater for all abilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Psychic World of Derek Acorah, 26 Aug. 2003
After having watched Derek Acorah on Sky's Living TV for many months, I found myself wanting to ask him so many questions. After going to his website and then to Amazon to buy the book, I can honestly say it is one of the best books I have ever bought. The answers to almost everything I wanted to ask him, were written in the pages.
I can't remember the last time I owned a book that I didn't want to put down, but this was one of them. There is so much openess, honesty and a genuine love in his words, and hearing his tales about his childhood and cherished granmother, left me feeling very privilaged to have been given such an insight to him.
If Derek himself should ever see this; 'thank you for being you'. For those thinking about buying it, I would recommend it in a heartbeat. A wonderful book by a warm and wonderful soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine talent & a genuine man!, 16 Mar. 2001
Having been lucky enough to have a reading with Derek & also see him live on stage, I had to read this book! Derek Acorah has a rare gift and his honesty and caring nature shine through in this book. It is informative, touching and downright addictive reading! Having had first hand experience of the extent of Derek's psychic knowledge and accuracy, I would recommend this book to anyone with psychic interests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Derek is cool!!!, 6 Mar. 2001
This book is a very interesting read - so much so that i read it in one go!.I saw him on psychic livetime and was captivated by him,especially when he gets exited. Now that i have read it,i feel much more comfortable about the idea of an afterlife and he has answered many of lifes great questions for me.Besides his natural gift,Derek has a great deal of charisma and he comes across as a very kind and genuine person.I trust what he sais in this book and i'm so glad i baught it.You will be too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A spritual gift, lovingly shared, 21 July 2000
Linda Brice (Wales United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Both as an autobiography and as a gentle introductory guide to unlocking the psychic abilities which Derek Acorah believes we all possess, this book is delightfully crafted.
Beginning with his early life in Liverpool, where, as a little boy he first began to demonstrate the remarkable psychic gifts which he inherited through his grandmother, Derek writes of his experiences with humour and affection. He describes the dawning of his awareness of a world beyond our material perceptions with an air of such normalcy and matter-of-factness that it is perfectly easy to believe that this otherwise normal little lad was completely accepting and at home with his abilities. Just as comfortable, it seems, as he was with his other exceptional gift: soccer.
Life as a first class footballer with Liverpool FC and USC Lion in Australia is described by him with fondness and pride, although his other calling was not to relinquish him forever to the football stadiums. He was destined to become one of Britain's top psychics, very much in demand as a psychic-medium, with appearances on TV, radio and as psychic consultant to the stars of showbusiness.
Now, with warmth, openness and honesty, Derek shares with us, not only his incredible life, but generously offered step-by-step advice and guidance for anyone who feels that they want to develop their psychic abilities; from psychic awareness and meditation to divination and mediumship. No pretentions or claims to being one of a priviliged few who hold exclusive arcane gifts here. This book has been written for all, whether believer or skeptic -- and written with hope and love in the heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening, 14 Jan. 2004
i found this book a great insight into the authors life.if you are trying to develop this book was full of info.i found it a great help.i have read quite a few books on the same subject and found this the most helpful and honest i have read.this book also contains the safety aspect which quite a few do not.i would highly recommend this book to anyone wishing to develop.it was a pleasure to read

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not the best, 25 Mar. 2004
I recommend you reading this title. It is a excellent book with an interesting first chapter, where Derek tells us about his childhood and coming to terms with his abillities. I felt after the chapter trying to see if you have "the powers". The books seems to fizzle out and the last few pages you need to force yourself to read.
Well worth the money and worth reading. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 14 Feb. 2004
Lucy Reynolds "Lucy" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
If you've seen Derek on TV and enjoyed watching him at work, then get this.
In this book Derek explains his own personal history and how he discovered and tuned into his psychic gift; and also teaches you how to find your own talents.
It's well-written, and as open and honest as Derek is on TV and stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars the psychic world of derek acorah, 31 Aug. 2002
corina louise birks (porthmadog, gwynedd United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
i have found it to be very interesting and once i picked it up i couldnt put it down!!!!i strongly recomend it to anyone with a love of the paranormal ,i garantee you will love it just as much as i have!!!! so go on pick it up and happy reading!