5.0 out of 5 stars Acupressure: How to Cure Common Ailments the Natural Way
Following a brief introduction, the book is divided into chapters, dedicated to a particular ailment. This structure is very convenient for finding quickly what one needs.

Published on 14 Nov 2006 by Inga Aryanova

3.0 out of 5 stars Repeats itself.
This book is ok, but I'm sure that there are others that get their message over, more easily. Look at some other reviews before you but.
Published 5 months ago by romeo69

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Acupressure: How to Cure Common Ailments the Natural Way, 14 Nov 2006
Inga Aryanova (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acupressure: How to cure common ailments the natural way (Paperback)

Each chapter starts with a description of the condition, and then identifies the acupressure points for relieving it, explaining how they can be found on the body. The explanations are clear and simple, with diagrams to help one visualize the points.

At the end of each chapter there is a suggested sequence of exercises for stimulating the relevant points, with illustrations.

I found the book easy to use - it takes only 15-20 minutes to memorise a sequence, and they do not take long to perform. There are suggestions for a variety of symptoms, common in everyday life - even for getting rid of hic-ups! I'll be referring to it time and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential in your medecine cabinet, 4 May 2005
Bad headaches, insomnia, a hangover, painful eyes, with these techniques they have all vanished. I was very impressed when I tried one of the points against anxiety and nervousness during my latest visit to the dentist. What a useful book to have!

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 8 Mar 2004
C. M. Collier "myopia1" (Liverpool,england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This is a fantastic book,which really does what it says it does.It shows you points on your body that you can press or hold to relieve common ailments like colds,indigestion and back pain.It's based on ancient Chinese therapies,and the ones I have tried have worked very well.I' ve used the pressure points for Anxiety ,Depression ,Earaches,Eyestrain,Headaches,Knee Pain,Sinus Problems,Travel Sickness and also Water Retention.Every one I have tried has helped the problem, and there are loads of photos and drawings to assist you.
The writer makes it clear that this book is not meant to take the place of medical treatment,and it is very clear about when not to use a certain point,for example if you are pregnant.I have found it exremely useful on long car journeys when it's hard to stop and someone feels sick or has a headache.I now know exactly how to stop travel sickness or pain quickly and easily,without taking pills or seeing a doctor.
I think this book is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Cure Common Ailments the Natural Way, 9 Feb 2011
Few authors have done as much to popularise acupressure as Michael Reed Gach.
He presents his material in an easily accessible and direct manner.
Personally, I frequently refer to this book and have been able to use the information to treat or relieve a variety of symptoms.
I've seen two cases of Winter Vommiting bug stopped in it's tracks by a combination of techniques described in this book along with foot reflexology.
I'm sure that Michael Reed Gach is capable of a much more comprehensive work, one that will meet the needs of the professional therapist, or those who are contemplating becoming professionals.
For those unfamiliar with acupressure this book is an excellent introduction.
I'm sure that we can look forward to a lot more from Michael R Gach.

Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 15 Dec 2006
I have suffered with ME for about 10 years I bought this book early on in my illness and it gave me some relief. What I find is that it really invigorates and energizes you, clearing up foggy head which is common with ME and also aiding sleep. I also use it for any symptoms I have eg headaches, toothache you name it and invariably it works, it takes determination to do the exercises regularly but once you do and find they work then you really are stupid not to make them part of your daily routine, I am recommending this book to all my friends with ME.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, practical book, 28 May 2010
J. de Burgh (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This book gives clear precise directions on how to use acupressure successfully with a number of common complaints. It goes into the necessary detail about where the points are, how to apply pressure, how long to hold the pressure, and recommends using the points which have helped your condition, for about a month after the problem has resolved itself. In all, a truly excellent book!

5.0 out of 5 stars first aid at your fingertips, 28 Mar 2010
This is an excellent book, like all this author's books. Not only is it informative, practical and easy to follow, but it is written with warmth, by someone who cares about people.
It was reasonably priced, and delivered swiftly.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 15 Nov 2010
I found all the reviews of this book very helpful as they were all so positive. I had never heard of acupressure so the write-ups gave a full account of the contents. I am using this for fibromyalgia and have found the exercises easy to do and have felt some positive changes. I have recommended this to several friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 21 Sep 2006
White Eagle - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I didn't think that pressing a few energy points on your body would work but it really does. I know it sounds too simple & easy but it does work. I don't expect that ot works if i do it once a year but even after one application I felt amazing results.

This book covers such topics such as back pain, migraines, hangovers, toothache, earache, neck pain, shoulder pain, depression, anxiety, lack of concentration & emotional & psycholical problems (although this author has another book just for emotional problems & stress).

Try it, you have nothing to lose.

5.0 out of 5 stars acupressure, 15 Oct 2010
Excellent book. Clear and easy to follow instructions.The illustrations and photographs help you to locate pressure points.Not bogged down by too many medical facts or jargon. A practical handbook.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Acupressure: How to cure common ailments the natural way
Acupressure: How to cure common ailments the natural way by Michael Reed Gach (Paperback - 5 Aug 2004)