on 14 August 2001
I learnt so much reading this book that was leant to me by a friend and now I've got to buy it as it will be a constant source of reference and I've just got to try all those healthy recipes not just on the kids but for the whole family. It is so hard for parents these days to give kids a healthy diet or even to be able to work out what is healthy and what isn't. The media mislead us all the time with false claims. Lucy's book is invaluble in helping us through the maze.
on 15 April 2001
If you are at the end of your tether and can't think what on earth to feed your children, this book is a godsend. These recipes are good enough for husbands and guests but also packed with vitamins and minerals to boost your children's immune systems. Her fruit smoothies are a huge hit in our house. Lots of straightforward advice. We've been using it non-stop.
on 4 September 2009
I would recommend this book to any parent who is concerned about the health and wellbeing of their child/ren. So much of the food we buy these days is full of rubbish.
on 1 October 2003
I am really delighted with this book; it is a fascinating read, and definitely makes you think about what you are feeding your family. Recipes are different (e.g. corn bread pizza base, turkey spring rolls, berry booster yoghurt lollies), inspiring, simple, and generally very quick. Menu suggestions are given throughout, all of which sound very tempting! It is also full of good advice and information on nutrients needed at various stages, and in which foods to find them - I was amazed at how little I knew!
Organic produce is the order if the day - and if you have a veggie garden, this poses less of a budget problem, but lots of people would find it too expensive; however, the author gives ideas on how to cut the cost whilst still feeding your family as naturally as possible (less meat protein, more pulses) which are good, and enable you to get off to a good start without breaking the bank.

The section at the end of the book on 'fighting diseases naturally' has plenty of down-to-earth, sensible advice. (I won't be phoning the doctor or reaching for the Calpol quite so quickly now!)
All in all, an excellent nutrition 'bible' full of inspiring ideas, and an absorbing read.
on 18 June 2011
on 6 December 2012
my little boys suffers from sever eczema due to a weak immune system and food allergies.with the help of a strict diet and this book, he is doing much better.
on 9 February 2014
Great book. I bought this book, because I want to provide healthy and nutritious food for my family. It is a good book to do they. I would recommend this book to every parents. Great advises, great recipes.
on 4 May 2013
A must read for every parent!! This book is excellent and very easy to read. The recipes are delicious, nutritious and very easy to make. It made my life a lot easier since it gives you a lot of ideas on what to make for breakfast and lunch/dinner.
on 30 October 2015
A must buy, not only for parents of babies, children and teens, but any adult that wants to look after themselves a bit better. I've had this book for years and always refer to it for easy-to-follow natural remedies for all sorts of ailments and some really fantastic, tried and tested recipes for the whole family. It breaks the information down so clearly with sound nutritional advice whether you're a vegetarian, meat eater, celiac etc. You won't regret buying this, I love it!
on 8 February 2013
I have a child with various intolerances and asthma. I have been to specialists, dieticians and consultants and none of them have given me the wealth of facts this book has. Its just good, straightforward and informed advice that is easy to follow. It just makes sense! Really delighted and feel sure my daughter will benefit from the foods I am now going to include in her diet and those I will either cut down on or remove.