5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and inspiring read
Published on 5 Feb 2003 by Pieter Uys

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended
This book, like so many others that supposedly report on the nature of the spirit and life after death, is too airy-fairy, fable-like and simplistic to be taken seriously. Not recommended for the serious student. I recommend Jane Roberts "Seth" books for those who want quality insights into afterlife existence.
R.D.Mann
Published on 7 Aug 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and inspiring read, 5 Feb 2003
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
The interesting introduction by neuroscientist Melvin L. Morse refers to the work of evolutionary biologist Rupert Sheldrake and physicist Paul Davis. Browne's own style is conversational, even folksy, and quite engaging as there's lots of common sense, humor and positivity. She deals with subjects like inter alia miracles, déjà vu, coincidence, synchronicity, astral travel and the development of the individual's psychic abilities. Her take on the soul-mate myth made me laugh while her explanation of imprints, kinetic energy, hauntings, ghosts and spirits is informative and interesting, whether you agree or not. The chapter on psychic protection is valuable, while her warnings against cults should be taken seriously by everyone. Helpful meditations are provided, for example one for examining past lives. She's very honest in stating that no psychic is able to make correct predictions all the time and admitting her own failures. In this regard, her chapter of predictions for the new millennium does contain some errors, e.g. that breast cancer would be preventable and curable by the end of 1999. The book concludes with an appendix of affirmations. Although this work has inspired a fair deal of negative criticism and although there are aspects of her cosmology that I disagree with or that I consider too simplified, there's no denying that The Other Side is an enjoyable reading experience. One doesn't have to agree with everything to derive enormous insight and pleasure from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO FASCINATING!, 5 Jun 2001
A. Santoro (UK) - See all my reviews
It's hard to explain why I loved this book so much. Every chapter comes with its own surprises, anecdotes and interesting theories on life and death. If you've ever wondered what happens when you die, or you ever experienced a deja-vu or simply are intrigued by a woman who can chat daily to her spirit guide and hear exactly what she's saying, just read it. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The final piece of the puzzle, 9 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This book is the most valuable and thought-provoking I have ever read. I've always been open-minded about the possiblity of a spirit world beyond death, but I never really acknowledged it, despite the strange things which have happened to me. This book made everything click - it explained things which have been happening to me all my life, and finally made me believe in the psychic ability we all have rather than dismissing it. Sylvia is a very gifted and special lady yet she is so down-to-earth and writes in a very easy, engaging way. I've now ordered the sequel to this book because I'm hooked. I recommend this book to anyone searching for clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightment to the unknown, 13 Sep 2000
By A Customer
If you have ever been interested in the afterlife and are considering purchasing a book to discover more - choose this one! It's amazingly brilliant and has a light (not too heavy) reading approach. After reading this book I felt more encouraged with my own well being and less fearful of death. Such a valuable insight into our purpose here on earth is detailed throughout the book and what a wondful place is described when we venture on our journey back home to the other side...This book answers the questions you only ask yourself - such a thought provoking read - I would recommend this to anybody who is a believer and to non believers - you just don't know what you are missing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, 7 Aug 1999
R.D.Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent reading and upliffting, 13 Nov 2001
founza@aol.com (London, England.) - See all my reviews
I could not put this book down, its was as Sylvia had taken over and she was inside of me. This was the first book that i bought of Syliva's, the conversations that she has with Francine(Sylvia's Spirit Giude)makes you think that you are not alone. When reading this book it made me fell at ease and helped me understand what the "Other Side" is all about, I hope that you will enjoy this book as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating handbook of our world and beyond!, 7 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this wonderful, unique book by Sylvia Browne. It is more of a handbook to life and the unknown. Not only will you find pages upon pages of wisdom, you will also find meditations, and exercises you can do to enhance your own life!
This book is clear, and easy to understand. I couldn't put it down. Sylvia offers her view of life, through the eyes of a very gifted psychic... and of course that famous humor that only Sylvia can bring. If your life needs answers or if you are unhappy, I urge you to get this book. It can really make a difference in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting,informative ,knowledgable and totally spellbound, 6 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I totaly enjoyed reading this book. I also enjoyed Sylvia's first book, but this one is much more informative. There is just soo much in it that I know I will have to continue to read it over and over so I can get the most out of it. She explains things so you can understand it and follow through with ,if you so choose. I only wish I had known of Sylvia earlier in my life; and that her book had been written earlier. I could have definetly have used her guidance quite a few years ago. I would recommend that everyone should read this book to further understand themselves and their purpose here. Peopple who do not see the world as Sylvia does shouls still read this book but just have an open mind ; you might be surprised at what might make sense in an otherwise totally confusing and chaotic worl.

5.0 out of 5 stars The other side and back, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Other Side And Back: A psychic's guide to the world beyond: A Psychic's Guide to Our World and Beyond (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book, another great book of Sylvia Browne. The book is so full of spiritual life and how it is so if your looking for proof and reassurance then buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars sylvia brown the other side and back, 8 Jan 2014
I found this book very interesting i enjoyed reading it
it is a book i would never thought about reading until i was told about it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›