5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to experiencing the other side.
A wonderful insight into life on the other side. Easy to read, warm and inspiring. For anyone who has a fear of death, this book will eliminate the fear and give you hope and enlightenment. Excellent, educational and inspiring.
Published on 8 Oct. 2001 by jill@motivationaltraining.com

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting although a bit fancyful
I have an open mind on the spiritual dimension of our human life, and read Sylvia's book with such an open mind. Having finished it though I doubt whether I would want to explore her view of the Other Side in much more detail.
Published on 13 April 2003 by littlebutterfly

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to experiencing the other side., 8 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Life On The Other Side: A psychic's tour of the afterlife (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars It gave me great comfort when I most needed it., 24 July 2001
Life on the Other Side by Sylvia Browne is the most uplifting book I have ever read. My dear husband died early this year with cancer and I was having a hard time coming to terms with it. It was Sylvia's book that helped me more than anything. It was inspiring, uplifting and very informative about life after death. It is also easy to read and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievable, a must read!!!, 31 Mar. 2003
This is an amazing book which will give great insight to any reader. Sylvia Browne is a wonderful person who is probably the most psychic person of our time, in this book she answers any possible questions you might need to know about death, life after death, near death experiences, what we do on the other side, our lifes mission, why were here and much much more. If you have lost someone close to you, if you're depressed, if your life seems to be running off track or if you simply just want to read something very uplifting and comforting... READ THIS!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting although a bit fancyful, 13 April 2003
There are too many statements that are not explored fully enough, leaving more questions than answers, and her own experience this lifetime appears to dull her objectivity on more than one occasion.
For example - If we go to such lengths to plan our lives in great detail, how is that those Dark spirits who enter the Other Side through the Left Door are immediately reborn without any review, reorientation or planning for their next life. And how fair is it that some soon to be mother should find herself giving birth to this disturbed soul.
In the wider scheme of exploring different writers view on the after life Sylvia is probably worth a read through, but she may not be the definitive guide she believes herself to be,

5.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring Spiritual Look at Life before and after Death, 12 Sept. 2004
Donald Mitchell "Jesus Loves You!" (Thanks for Providing My Reviews over 127,000 Helpful Votes Globally) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Psychic Sylvia Browne provides a detailed look at her own life, her interactions with spirits and angels of all kinds, and what it has taught her about life before and after death. Take this as one woman's account of a fascinating life, and you've found yourself some very interesting reading. Take this as a spiritual metaphor for your religious beliefs, and you will find comfort in your new understanding. Take this as fiction, and you will be at the edge of your seat. Take this as the unexplained, and you will have a terrific mystery to unravel.
Ms. Browne has been in contact with spiritual figures from a young age, and she has made her life's work helping people to come to grips with issues they have concerning their connections to the spiritual world. She often uses deep hypnosis in her work, and reports on the consistent patterns of recalled former lives. She also shares the experiences of her own life, including a spiritual guide, Francine, who often speaks through her and her own near-death experience.
In the 1950s there was a famous case of potential reincarnation discovered through hypnosis involving Bridey Murphy. Ms. Browne refers to that case, and supplements it with her own findings. I found Ms. Browne's portrayal more convincing than the original Bridey Murphy material. For example, some of what she describes could be seen as a form of schizophrenia. Concerned about that, she arranges to have herself tested, and finds that she does not have that disease. She also runs a test whereby a psychiatrist picked 20 random patients, and asked Francine to say how they died. Francine was correct 19 of 20 times, and provided interesting new insights into the 20th case.
Putting on a skeptic's hat for a moment, the only explanation I could think of that seemed at all consistent with the facts other than Ms. Browne's interpretation (if we accept things at face value) was that Ms. Browne is a powerful mind-reader and projector of thoughts onto other people. If that is the case, the book is even more extraordinary to me.
In any case, you should make up your own mind about what is here by reading the book for yourself. No one can do that for you.
The book contains remarkable detail about the physical location of the Other Side (3 feet above where we are now), the role of religion there (everything is encompassed), death (it's getting to go to a better place, described in some detail), the physical appearance of the Other Side (down to buildings and what happens in each location), what it's like to be there and spend you days there (no sense of time), and how you leave to be born again into the physical world. There are even detailed drawings to show you what it is like.
This book would make for the basis of a terrific discussion with your spiritual and religious advisors.
Suspend your disbelief stall, listen to your inner self, and see what you think!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sylvia's Biggest Fan!, 3 Mar. 2001
By A Customer
Before reading this book I was terrified of death and had many unanswered questions on the afterlife. This amazing book answered all of my questions and more, Sylvia is writing "to" you, not "at" you. This is probably the best book I have ever read. I plan to read all her other books and have lent this book to all my friends who loved it too! I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars ''A SYLVIA BROWNE FAN'', 22 Dec. 2000
tcollier@esatclear.ie (County Louth, Ireland) - See all my reviews
What Happens When We Die?. What Does The Other Side Look Like? Who Is Waiting For Us On The Other Side? What Do We Spend Our Time Doing On The Other Side? Why Do We Return From The Other Side?
These are all the questions we ask and in this extraordinary book these are all the questions we get answered.
Sylvia Browne starts the book in a most lifting chapter about her childhood and her amazing experences with the 'Spirit Realm' and her Spirit Guide ''Iena'' a deceased Aztec-Incan Women from the 1550's. Sylvia's own childhood is like that of the young Cole Sear in the hit movie ''The Sixth Sense'' she sees and talks to the dead.
From what I know Sylvia's first eerie encounter with the dead happened when she was only five. While sitting at a family dinner she began to see her great-grandmother's faces slowly melt away leaving nothing but there bare skulls behind. She also talks about her life as a Psychic and how she inherited her gifts from her beloved, brilliantly psychic grandmother ''Ada Coil'' whose own psychic lineage dates back to the 18th century.
Sylvia goes on and covers topic such as Ghosts, Spirit Guides, Sacred Blessings, Totems, The Face of God, The Council, Saints, Angels, Sex on The Other Side, Marriages and Families, Visages and reach dimemsion we can travel and visit.
Thanks so much to SYLVIA BROWNE and LINDSAY HARRISON after reading this book I can honestly say ''I Am No Londer Afraid To Die''.

4.0 out of 5 stars So this is what its all about, 1 July 2004
Although I haven't given the full five stars,I have read this book several times - and each time I find something I missed the time before. This book puts life in perspective, it answers so many fundamental questions and makes so much of what life puts us through a little easier to understand. I would recommend this book to anyone who had lost somebody, anyone going through a traumatic period and anyone who really believes theres more to life than the here and now. My reason for not giving the full five stars is that I feel that Sylvia gets a little carried away with stories of her granddaughter Angelia which could alienate some readers as it gets a little fantastic at times. Nevertheless, if you were allowed to read one more book on Earth, make it this one. with love!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great!, 30 Nov. 2003
This is a fantastic book. I loved it.

Sylvia put my mind at ease about what goes on in the spirit realms and the book answered tons of questions I had.

Sylvia also gives information on suicides, earthbound spirits and her own near death experience.

I would definitely recommend this book, it is wonderful. I can't wait to give it to my family and friends to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 Mar. 2002
I loved this book. I found myself to be greatly comforted.
To anyone who is thinking of buying this all I can say is that it's one of the best books on the topic of life after death that you will ever read.

Life On The Other Side: A psychic's tour of the afterlife
Life On The Other Side: A psychic's tour of the afterlife by Sylvia Browne (Paperback - 28 Dec. 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01