5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, but those following in his footsteps have done better, 11 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Messages From The Masters: Tapping into the power of love (Paperback)
Dr Weiss is well known for his ground-breaking books on past life regression therapy, but, while this book is an essential read for those interested in this topic, it has a "tired" feel compared to his earlier studies.
Messages from the Masters is, frankly, bettered by Michael Newton's "Destiny of Souls", and the books on a similar theme by Dolores Cannon. They are more detailed. In particular, while Newton's books do deal at length with more evolved souls, (masters), Dr Weiss's latest offering, despite its title, contains very little about "Masters" as such, which is a bit odd.
One major criticism, is that,like many of these highly Americanised books, (including the other authors just mentioned), there is a slight bias towards an "it'll be alright on the night" view of karma. In contrast to the teachings of, for example, Tibetan Lamas, (who offer us less bland and comforting, but maybe more truthful warnings about the effects of negative karmic actions), Weiss's book is a little too on the "up beat" side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, 21 Feb 2007
I have read so very many spiritual books this past year, with stacks purchased and still many to read. I found my favourites were by Doreen Virtue and Neale Walsh until I discovered Brian Weiss. Oh these books are so down to earth, easy to read understand and ponder. I have learned so much!

As an author myself and currently undertaking writing a spiritual self help book, inspired of angels, I found Messages from the Masters satisfyingly fulfilling to the point that Brian Weiss answered so many thought provoking questions that have arisen of late.

I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who is beginning to think outside of the box, and who has an open enough mind to ponder subjects beyond anything they have ever believed in the past.

You will love it!

WCTDV

5.0 out of 5 stars ' Why shouldn't we go one step beyond ?', 5 July 2014
In this fascinating volume Brian Weiss summarizes his work in past life regression and puts forward his knowledge of reincarnation How our task on this life is to learn "By knowledge we approach God and then we can rest "
His path as he explains to understanding more about our spiritual nature came through his many years of arduous academic study culminating is his medical training, , psychiatric specialization and several decades of of post academic experiences and clinical studies,
It is Brian Weiss's view that 'science is the art of observing carefully with an unbiased nonprofessional eye'
In his past life regression that he takes his patients through he often begins in their current life taking them to their childhoods and even lives in the womb. One patient remembers life straight after birth recalling her mothers unhappiness and a scene in the cubicle next to her mothers of conflict between a new mother and her nasty husband.
One women recalls her past life as a wealthy farm and cattle owning spinster in the Midwest and another man recalls his life as as a senator in Rome and yet another as an English archer having returned home during the Hundred Years War with France.
Even more interesting and quite thrilling was an incident where the author at a workshop explained a hypothetical situation giving names and situation only to be told by a member of the audience who later approached him he was describing her late brother and his wishes.
Even more chilling in a way is the author's explanation of a dream he had where he was a priest in Scotland in the 1400s being tortured for heresy and being told the next morning what he had dreamed by a woman attending the seminar before he told her anything.
The crux of the book is that as the author says ' We go through so many stages when we here. We shed a baby body, we go into a child's body, from child to adult, from adult to old age. Why shouldn't we go one step beyond and she the adult body and go into a spiritual plane. That is what we do. We don't just stop growing; we continue to grow. When we get to the spiritual plane we keep growing there too'.

He includes a number of meditations in the appendices of the book on how to access the spiritual side.
Very recommended for those interested in reincarnation, past life therapy and the spiritual side of our lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inner Learning, 8 Nov 2009
R. D. Tilley (uk) - See all my reviews
Having read the first of these books and this being the second there is no doubt in my mind that this man knows what he is talking about pity he dos'nt have workshops over here

5.0 out of 5 stars Messages From The Masters, 5 Aug 2010
Mrs. A. J. Ricketts "Angie Ricketts" (Poole, Dorset) - See all my reviews
I have always felt we have all been here many times, and the way you connect more with some people & not so with others, this book is brilliant, has given me so much more understanding within my life. I've always said that my youngest son is an old soul!! A book I feel everyone should read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 3 July 2014
Brilliant
Very interesting
I am now going to go to regression therapy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars fan, 26 May 2014
i am a fan of dr brian weiss, have been for years. interesting books he writes .have quite a few in my collecton.

4.0 out of 5 stars book review, 29 Mar 2014
Really enjoyed this book. Had to read another of Weiss' books after reading many lives many masters.. yes I think his books have me hooked

5.0 out of 5 stars another fanrastic hook from dr.weiss!, 24 Mar 2014
Brilliant and insightful. This book will leave you wanting to read more. I recommend reading Many lives, many masters first though.

5.0 out of 5 stars book review....Brian Weiss., 8 Sep 2013
This is the second time I have owned these books by Brian Weiss and unfortunately I lent them out and never got them back, They are the only books I have read over and over, they are inspirational and changed my life. They are my bibles.The only problem I have is I want every-one to read them so have to hope I don't lose these too.

Messages From The Masters: Tapping into the power of love
Messages From The Masters: Tapping into the power of love by Dr. Brian Weiss (Paperback - 27 July 2000)