5.0 out of 5 stars Gill takes the reader to yet another dimension
A practical, experiencial and down to earth guide book. If you want to move beyond the limitations of the 'mundane world view' and embrace the boundless opportunities that the Universe has for you, this book is worth a look.
Its pages are filled with anecdotes, suggestions and exercises which address some very real aspects of living life magically.
The two...
Published on 7 Oct 2001 by Steve Weir (turbulsoul7@lineon...

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Bliss? - Pure Nonsense
Where do I start with this one? Having experienced some good self-help books, I thought I would try out Gill Edwards - the reviews were excellent - 5 stars! Yeah, thanks guys.
295 pages of baseless dribble. Let me qualify that statement; The sentiment is there - its just that we all KNOW all these things already, statements like: accept yourself for the way you...
Published on 22 Mar 2005 by Penny Tration

5.0 out of 5 stars Gill takes the reader to yet another dimension, 7 Oct 2001
This review is from: Pure Bliss: The art of living in soft time (Paperback)
The two cycles of time described by Gill provide insight into why it is that the more we do, the less we achieve; why letting go and learning to trust are fundamental. It teaches us how to do nothing and achieve everything. By letting go of the struggle, listening more closely to our inner knowing, and trusting ourselves, we act in a way that's so right and natural that it seems effortless.
The gently inspiring and informing style provides a new layer to the lessons of her previous books - it takes you deeper into the wheels of the Universe.

4.0 out of 5 stars a real eye-opener, 26 Jun 2001
This review is from: Pure Bliss: The art of living in soft time (Paperback)
I usually hate any self-help books with their manual of instructions how to have a "happy" life........but this book is DIFFERRENT. It really gives you another perspective of life........one which is supposed to be obvious to all to see!! Everyone is doing everything to be more happy however our actions are otherwise.....cramming our days, not having time to do what we really want to do, thinking constantly on the past or future etc. This book is just that gentle persuasive voice to re-visit your daily routines and prioities and think otherwise. I recomend it whole heartedly!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure inspiration, 8 May 2001
This review is from: Pure Bliss: The art of living in soft time (Paperback)
Pure Bliss is the perfect book for anyone looking for something more in 'life'. It is a book that warms the heart and opens the mind to a joyful perception of reality.
Gill Edwards writes lucidly and movingly and about the issues in our everyday lives and offers ways to transform them into positive experience. She writes about how we can empower ourselves, gaining liberation from negative patterns.
A very enjoyable and possibly life-changing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has made me a different person, 29 Jun 2005
This review is from: Pure Bliss: The art of living in soft time (Paperback)
The last customer review prompted me to write this one. Initially, I also felt quite dismissive and negative about this book but two years later I took it off my shelf and gave it another go. I am so glad I did. This book is beautiful and one of the most lucid accounts of realising that we must learn to live in the present in order to find joy in our lives. This is at the heart of Buddhist thinking. The author also shows how we need to give as much time as possible in our lives to those things that enrich our lives - we each know what they are: those things we do in a 'flow' state where we are unaware of time, whether gardening, creative writing, walking in beautiful countryside, or meditating or thinking, or painting. (As the author says, nobody regrets not spending more time shopping or watching television at the end of their lives).We must try to bring about this flow relaxed mindset as much as possible in our daily lives and not be full of 'efforting' and straining against 'what is'. This is at the heart of Taoist thinking. Here the author distills and illustrates these Buddhist and Taoist ideas in a way we can imagine applying to our lives. It is easy to toss the book aside cynically, because we live in an age where cynicism and disappointment seem to be paramount. I am quite skeptical about new age beliefs in spirit worlds, but this is foremost a book of practical wisdom. The spiritual energy that pervades nature and which we need contact with daily is probably closest to the author's sense of the term 'spiritual', as opposed to fairies or ghosts or even God in the specific Christian sense.
I can see why the author's comments on natural birth would annoy mothers, especially as I have had one assisted delivery myself and one natural birth, but I would urge anyone not to let this govern whether they read this wonderful book.
I can also recommend Marianne Williamson's A Return to Love and Buddhism for Mothers by Sarah - for the latter you don't have to be a Buddhist, just a fraught mother of young children who needs reminding from time to time of the wonderful joy there is to be found in being a parent. The chapter on anger in the latter is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is like a warm Summer afternoon., 21 Oct 2006
J. Waugh (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is like a big, cosy hug. There are lots of short chapters and each one gently reminds us how the ugly negative can be changed into an inspirational positive. Easy to dip in and out of when you need a lift. This book would make a perfect gift for someone who needs cheering up. In fact I bought this book for myself as a birthday present and it now sits on my bookshelf like a cherished, old friend and everytime I notice it I smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars an inspiring book, 21 Feb 2000
By A Customer
Gill Edwards' two previous books, Living Magically and Stepping into the Magic were the kind of books that made you think differently about everything in your life. Now her new book has come out and it is worth waiting for. I loved it. It is full of wisdom, kindness and also common sense. It makes me calm down and live in the moment. Thank you Gill for another wonderful gift of a book. I want to give it to everyone I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars "The world is our soul", 13 April 2000
By A Customer
I have felt the stirrings of an affinity with the world about me ever since. Reading 'Pure Bliss' affirmed inside me what previously seemed an uncertain spark of optimism about life and I have never ever felt such real inspiration before. Undiluted truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book may change your views of life, 31 Dec 1999
By A Customer
This book made compelling reading, and I really felt it had arrived at just the right point in my life. It has opened up new angles on life for me.The 'soft time' thing is basically a metaphor for going with the flow (possibly oversimplified!) but it really does sem to make a lot of sense. Can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gill takes the reader to yet another dimension, 7 Oct 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
A lovely book so typical of Gill Edwards writing. Very encouraging and inspiring.

Pure Bliss: The art of living in soft time
Pure Bliss: The art of living in soft time by Gill Edwards (Paperback - 28 Dec 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01