5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone with an addiction should read this book
Published on 7 Sep 2003 by Ms N.S.Butler

3.0 out of 5 stars An anti-male undertone
Published 19 months ago by jack hooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone with an addiction should read this book, 7 Sep 2003
This review is from: Overcoming Addiction: Positive Steps for Breaking Free of Addiction and Building Self-esteem (Paperback)
Having worked in the substance misuse field for some years now, I find Corinne Sweets book invaluable. It makes the connection between unmet personal needs and addictions, giving clear, practical advice on how to deal with specific issues. Whether you are addicted yourself or are working with addicted clients, this book will help you to understand the underlying issues associated with addiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars My view, 25 Oct 2010
This book is packed with information which taught me alot about myself, family members and friends. Some habits non alcoholic and/or drug related stare us in the face everyday from other people and ourselves and we just don`t see it but this book highlights these very addictions from the person who just has to keep busy-busy to the person who can`t get through the day without the 3pm sugar binge. I am studying to be a counsellor in the alcoholic and drug field and along with my course work I found this book very educational and helpfull. I would give this book 5 stars, because for me it didn`t miss anything out.

3.0 out of 5 stars An anti-male undertone, 14 Jan 2013
I thought at first I was imagining things, but as I worked my way through this book I found theres definitely a bit of anger directed towards men from the author. I mean all in all its a good book and I'd recommend it for anyone struggling with addiction or someone who works with addicts. But like I said the author does take a few covert digs at men which for me damages her credibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-Buying, 16 Nov 2013
I bought this book over 10 years ago and recall that the author goes into great lengths covering all aspects of addiction from, as the title says, building self-esteem all the way through to looking at spirituality. So it is looking at all the angles needed for a suceesful recovery. The book got lost so I am re-buying because as far as I remember, this is one of the most comprehensive books that I have come across in dealing with addiction. And I like that she talks about a range of addictions aswell as the substance abuse. I also believe that it is a great book to use when you are breaking or have broke free fromm addiction and at the stage of rebuilding your life. This book helps addicts and addiction workers alike. A very well-rounded book.

Used & New from: 0.01