4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the other review!
I was bought this book as I had been reading quite a few of Diana's I had requested even after reading the other review on this site. I have to say whoever felt this book was 'total garbage' is totally unenlightened and was looking for a quick fix not a spiritual altering.
Published on 8 Jan 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not into reviews but...
I felt compelled to write about this book. The title led my girlfriend to believe it might offer her some advice on simply chilling out and learning to better cope with life's stresses and strains. Putting a day's work behind her and not bringing it home, that kind of thing. She was wrong!
Frankly, it's garbage. If you believe in reincarnation, karmic penance,...
Published on 22 May 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the other review!, 8 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Power Of Inner Peace (Paperback)
This book is amazing, as you read it you realise the truths you already knew. It gives you information and more importantly POWER to release yourself from patterns that make you unhappy. This book is well worth a read. The only downside it sometimes the lack of action plan, but it all comes together in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very helpful book, 4 Dec 2004
This review is from: The Power Of Inner Peace (Paperback)
I loved this book, its for you if you have a belief in angels and a spiritual outlook however if like the first reviewer you haven't I suggest you try yoga or tai chi!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, 9 Mar 2006
This review is from: The Power Of Inner Peace (Paperback)
This is definately a book worth reading, put aside all the others! This helps you realise why we are the way we are and how every thought we have is imprinted on the universe so whatever we 'expect' to happen will happen! For anyone who had a difficult childhood it helps to understand our perspective on relationships and why they do or don't work. Forget CBT, Counselling etc read this and really gain your own 'inner peace'. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep an open mind, friends!, 2 Sep 2007
This review is from: The Power Of Inner Peace (Paperback)
Now that you've read the mixed reviews previously - I've got a suggestion if you're still doubtful about buying this book. Either buy it through one of the other sellers (slightly cheaper!) or order it from your Public Library - even less! One way or another, I'd suggest there's no harm giving it a try - after all, how many other hundreds of books do we also read during our lives, fellow bookworms? If you connect with it - great (I know I did) if you don't - it's another viewpoint heard from, and all "grist to the mill" of your life experience.
Wishing you all peace - however you find it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 17 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Power Of Inner Peace (Paperback)
I never write reviews because I never have time but this book was so good that I had to make time! It really puts life into perspective and makes perfect sense to me, however I do think you need to be open minded enough to understand what she is saying, A ten out of ten book as far as I'm concerned...

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not into reviews but..., 22 May 2003
This review is from: The Power Of Inner Peace (Paperback)
Frankly, it's garbage. If you believe in reincarnation, karmic penance, spirits choosing the body into which they'll be born (and reborn), unconsciously making yourself suffer for what your spirit did in a previous life, the tooth fairy, maybe it's the book for you. If you have an ounce of intelligence and the ability to think for yourself, I would advise you to steer clear.
The author's explanations on how people's lives develop intellectually and emotionally, and what fate throws at you during the course of your life are self-contradicting, illogical, ill-conceived and easily manipulated to fit into her personal opinion (which is prone to change from subject to subject). The author treats her (minority) opinions as facts. These 'facts' can be neither proved or disproved until death by virtue of their nature. I have a circle of friends and acquaintances which is quite diverse, but I don't know anyone stupid enough to take this book seriously. I am unable to comprehend that it ever came to be published.
That said, my girlfriend has now found a way to relax after a long hard day. If she's feeling down or stressed, she picks up this book, reads a few pages and smiles as she ponders that somebody, somewhere, may actually believe this stuff!

The Power Of Inner Peace
The Power Of Inner Peace by Diana Cooper (Paperback - 24 Sep 1998)
11.19