5.0 out of 5 stars You just found the right book on Karma, 13 Oct 2002
A. Mutimer "amutimer" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karma And Reincarnation: The Key to Spiritual Evolution and Enlightenment (Paperback)
I bought this book after an extraordinary day in which I was able to forgive my father for some terrible things which happened in my childhood.
After that I reviewed the episode as it fell into the course of my life and believed I could see a computer-like unfolding of events both before, and after, that day. Then came back memories; these were long forgotten understandings which I had obtained as a child which confirmed the operation of what I now refer to as karma.
I bought two books on Karma at about the same time. One was "The Little Book of Karma" which, to be frank, I found uninformative and not entirely on topic. I also bought this book by Mr Motoyama. In here I found a clear presentation of Karma, its genesis, its mechanisms and a glimpse of how to deal with it. People, Karma is NOT exactly about paying debts, although that happens. It is about actions leading to *attachments* leading to further actions and more attachment. This is the cycle the author encourages you to observe and he offers a glimpse of the way out.
Folks, attachment is so much at the core of our personalities and so much the driver for the way in which we live that we find it very hard to understand the truth about Karma (that difficulty of understanding is why I read the book twice without pause). But Motoyama helps with this; he illustrates his points throughout, he also avoids sanscrit almost entirely which helps those of us in the West who need it served up in familiar language. But, above all, the author speakes with the unassuming, gentle certainty of personal experience garnered through a highly developed conciousness and it this which makes the book a genuine tool for realisation. It is because it *rings true* that you may find it, as I did, a great motivator to realise and break the chain.
Buy it, buy it. If you are in the right state to hear what is being said it may save you, and those around you, so much suffering.
Adrian

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book indeed., 25 Sep 2000
By A Customer
I would class this book invaluble for anyone interested in spiritual growth. Especially those who practise yoga. This book combined with its practical counter part "Theories of the chakras", by the same author, are about the best pair of books on the subject you will find. Karma is a very misunderstood subject, even by those who claim to understand it. This book explains how it works, and gives a number of real life examples, of how karma effects the person, and how the karma was dissolved.

Karma And Reincarnation: The Key to Spiritual Evolution and Enlightenment