5.0 out of 5 stars They'd have to prise this book out of my cold dead hands
Published on 3 Dec 2003 by Mrs. S. J. John

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much information
After the glowing reviews others have left, I thought this book would be worth it's weight in gold, but was disappointed.

The main ideas can be summarised as follows:
1) Clutter drains your energy-- so you'd feel more energised if you didn't have clutter.
2) Things that you don't like or are ambivalent about also drain energy, so you should get rid of...
Published on 2 Dec 2007 by Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars They'd have to prise this book out of my cold dead hands, 3 Dec 2003
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
This is not a large book but the wisdom it contains is truly inspirational. Ok I am not into feng shui and picked this up at my friends house to read for a laugh. In just a few minutes I was hooked. It is easy to sit and read all in one go and the words are so true that they come back to you when needed and give you the little push to do what needs doing. It is also easy to just dip in to a section that is relevant to your current need. All the stuff that I thought I HAD to keep went and the feeling was of a burden lifted. When my Mum died I know that I would have done my best to hold on to every last one of her belongings if it hadn't been for this book which had already taught me that it was OK to let it go. Now when I am unsure whether to keep anything I ask myself "is it useful?, does it lift my spirits when I see it?" if the answer is no then it goes.Buy this book, you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should Be On Prescription, 4 Jan 2005
C. Greenhead "supergirly" (Herne Bay, (Nr. Canterbury), Kent, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
I have only had this book for a couple of days, but it's already made a big impact on my thinking. I am an habitual clutterer and my family and friends gave up hope years ago! People could tell me 'til they were blue in the face that I should be tidier, but, somehow, I just couldn't do anything about it; it was like the change had to come from within me somewhere.
I bought this book after seeing Ann Maurice reccommend it to a fellow hoarder on 'House Doctor', and I'm so glad that I did. With each chapter I've read, my inspiration has grown, and I've learnt a lot about myself through facing the reasons why I create clutter. Yesturday, I went to a charity shop and got three bags to fill up with clothes, and I know that this is just the beginning of a long process for me that I hope will free me from the past and allow health and happiness back into my life.
I am a changed woman, and if you're a chronic clutter who panics everytime they even think about having a clear-out, buy this book and realise that you owe it to yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't think I had much clutter left, but I was wrong!, 25 Feb 2001
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
I bought Karen's earlier book, 'Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui' about 4 years ago, and it really got things moving in my life! This book takes the clutter clearing even further. I have always been organised and minimalist, and loved putting Karen's principles into practice. Last week, even though I regularly clear out unwanted stuff, I realised that I needed an inspiration boost. This book really did the trick! I have literally been through each cupboard, drawer and shelf in turn, taken everything off/out then decided what to put back. I have been working on my house for five days. Today I cleared two bins full of paper from my 'orderly' files! I have tried on every single item in my wardrobe and finally given myself permission to buy myself some new clothes. After reading Karen's first book, I realised that I bought a lot of things on impulse, and have managed to limit that kind of shopping. After reading this book, I realised that I have been making do with a lot of things that I did not really love. As I have cleared, I am finding peace and joy in my life. I have already given the book to a friend, and I am just about to buy it for another!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little book to help you sort your life out!, 23 Nov 2001
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
A great book for those of us who need that extra bit of inspiration to sort our lives out. Karen Kingston doesn't promise to solve all your problems but she does give entirely sensible reasons and positive encouragement to clear your clutter.
Sort through all those old boxes and files and I promise you, you'll feel so much sharper and focused - never mind finally being able to locate everything without hours of hunting...I was inspired to sort through junk that I'd be carrying around with me for years.
Karen's ideas are simple and sensible and the book will help you understand basic feng shui principles without the need for crystals and waterfalls galore.
A top read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clutter clearing can be fun with this book and so liberating, 3 Jan 2000
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
I found this book whilst looking for a book on Feng Shui and the title caught my attention. I bought the book and by the end of the day I found myself going through my wardrobe and clearing out piles of clothes that hadn't been worn for years and just clogged up the cupboard. It was great fun and I had a huge sense of relief like someone had given me permission to clear out my old stuff at last! I found the sorting out of old photos a lot harder to do - I suppose there were more emotions involved. However, I made a start and managed to get rid of a number of old photos and found Karen's comment about only keeping ones that had good memories particularly inspiring. After reading this I threw out photos of my ex-husband that only brought back all the bad times. I was so thrilled with the good feelings washing over me that I went the whole hog and burnt these photos together with all the old divorce papers I'd been storing for I don't know what reason! Afterwards I felt truly energised and very happy - a load had been lifted just like Karen says in the book. Since then I have bought at least 8 copies of the book and given them away as presents to family and friends. It's a wonderful little book that can be read easily and quickly and then dipped into later whenever you need it. As they say 'this book can change lives'! Highly recomended to everyone - as we all have clutter - it's just a matter of degree.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% wisdom, 23 Jun 2006
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading other reviews. I also bought the book Conquering Chronic Disorganization by Judith Kolberg. Judith's book has some very practical tips for organizing things. But Karen Kingston's book actually GETS you to get up and start sorting out your life.

My room was cluttered with things. I didn't even realise the effect it was having on me. Neither could I make the distinction between 'clutter' and items which I thought made my space look 'homely'. Now I have the perfect balance. I actually felt lighter after cleaning out my space. It took more courage than I thought to get rid of things which were no longer useful - but that courage will hopefully translate into an ability to do that in my every day life. You realise that holiding onto the past is only hiding the emptiness you have in your life.

This is also a topic Karen addresses - as she talks about clearing emotional and physical clutter towards the end of the book. Getting rid of flaky friends. Taking care of your body.

It's a truly all-encompassing book, which was refreshingly insightful. I am hesitant to lend it to anyone since I have read it several times already!

5.0 out of 5 stars Need help clearing clutter..........this is it!, 18 Nov 1999
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
My 99 New Year's Resolution was to clear the clutter but I had not got very far........I had far too many excuses and half wanted to hang on to my mess. From the first chapter I started to clear and now I feel energised and free and there is space for new good stuff to come into my life. This book is truely inspirational and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to clear their lives and renew themselves. The book is easy to read and straightforwardly written. There are no excuses not to clear the clutter that Karen does not address. So get started! Buying the book is an investment that pays enormous dividends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book NOW, 31 May 2003
A. Santoro (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
I cannot even BEGIN to describe what an absolutely huge impact reading this book has had on my life.
First of all, it is brilliantly written. Everything is explained clearly and there is a little bit of humour here and there.
Karen Kingston starts by explaining why clutter has a negative effect on our life, both mentally and physically and gives plenty of examples from her own experience of working in this field of how this is very true.
There is a section explaining exactly what CONSTITUTES clutter and why we need to get rid of. The best chapter is the practical one where Karen urges us to roll up our sleeves and get on with it, and tells us how liberating it is to finally do it and get rid of the junk. How right she is.
This may seem quite a mundane practical guide to keeping your house tidy, but the book is highly spiritual and gives messages way beyond those of house-keeping.
But it and read it now, you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just do it...!, 10 July 2003
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
Buy this, read it and then just do it! As a life-long clutterer (well, I am a Cancerian), this book gave me the push to clear things out of my house that I now don't miss but used to think I'd die if I lost them.You don't have to be big on Feng Shui (as I'm not). All you need is the desire to clear up your surroundings and let go off stale and useless things and a lot of the mess in your head clears ...to leave you more focused. That's the beauty of this small book that I read in one go. And then got some cardboard boxes and did the deed the very next day!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Great Clearance", 3 Feb 2002
This review is from: Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (Paperback)
Have you ever cleared your house while reading a book at the same time. Well that's what will happen if you read this book.
Having read one of the books by his holiness the Dalai Lama, comparisons can be drawn between Dalai Lama's idea of releasing the spirit, and that of Karen Kingston's. Except Karen concentrates on one of the causes of dysfunctionalism of modern society, "the must keep it" , "you'll never know when I'll need it".
People have been telling me to clear the clutter in my house for years, but I didn't feel the need until I started to read this book. It is a pleasant read. I felt the feeling of clutter being released before I even got to start clearing the junk.

Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui
Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui by Karen Kingston (Paperback - 24 Sep 1998)
6.29