5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have book for any foodie
Published on 1 Dec. 2009 by Morgan Kane

3.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, but definitely not quick
I really like the authentic recipes in this book, but I'm not sure the author has a concept of time as most of these recipes will take around half an hour to prepare and cook, and and even with some clever multitasking, it would still take around an hour to make a full meal, which is no quicker than normal.

This book is great to have in your collection, but...
Published 18 months ago by Neeta

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have book for any foodie, 1 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Quick After Work Indian Vegetarian Cook Book (Hardcover)
This book introduced me to the art of Indian vegetarian cooking and I have been hooked ever since. As a student, it offered me a variety of nutritional meals that are quick and relatively easy to make without breaking the bank! Kumud writes so passionately about food and her enthusiasm is infectuous. I would recommend this book to both experienced cooks and novices who want a colourful, yet practical guide to healthy Indian cuisine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for authentic gujarati cooking!, 17 May 2010
Mrs. J. Patel (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick After Work Indian Vegetarian Cook Book (Hardcover)
This book is great for quick gujarati cooking. The recipes are simple to follow... I've been using this book
for 8 years and have recently bought copies for friends and family. The results are great everytime - food just like mum made!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, but definitely not quick, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Quick After Work Indian Vegetarian Cook Book (Hardcover)

This book is great to have in your collection, but quick it is not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to make, tasty recipes, 26 Nov. 2009
M. Duncan "Moira" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick After Work Indian Vegetarian Cook Book (Hardcover)
I started making recipes from this book at Kumud Shah's cookery class in North London. I am not a natural cook and it was my first serious attempt at Indian cookery but I found the recipes very straightforward, easy to make and tasty. Once you have the main spices they become store cupboard items and you don't need to waste time searching around for hard to find ingredients so I really have found the book great for quick after-work recipes. I have now become a real fan of moong beans and okra!

I also attended Kumud's vegetarian cookery class for a term and can't wait for her next book containing the dishes we made and lots more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really -relatively!-quick for Indian food fans who lack time, 19 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Quick After Work Indian Vegetarian Cook Book (Hardcover)
It really is a feat to make Indian cooking quick. It must be feasible, though, because nowadays thousand of Indian women have started working, and still are expectd to prepare traditional dishes. To my knowledge, they have fallen in love with the pressure cooker,which for the health and vitamin conscious is an unacceptable item but for them is a saviour. Here you will find simplified ingredient lists, ready-ground spices (if you do not use them up fairly quickly, by cooking Indian dishes very often, it is not such a good idea!)and of course tinned beans. But you do have to make some concessions if you are to keep to the "quick" guidelines. After all, it does have instructions on how to prepare home-made "naan" from scratch - and has the guts to add that it is simplicity itself.(No comment!)Also the book is written for the Western (English) public, avoiding the original Indian names, and referring to many dishes as "curries". The good thing is that the information is brief and pertinent,with tips on where to find ingredients and how to replace them if necessary, to get good results easily. It is a book you will like to use. My husband loved the "creamy mushroom curry" and the "quick samosas",using bread slices, are a nice idea for lunchboxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a vegetarian, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Quick After Work Indian Vegetarian Cook Book (Hardcover)
My mother diet is limited by health reasons and she was told about this book.I brought it for her birthday and she has found that she can have many of the recipes(with sometimes small changes).
I have sampled some of the meals and love them.
So good book for my mother, laid out in an easy way to follow, would recommend to any veggie or person who like to cook Indian food.

Quick After Work Indian Vegetarian Cook Book
Quick After Work Indian Vegetarian Cook Book by Kumud Shah (Hardcover - 27 Feb. 1997)
Used & New from: £0.01