5.0 out of 5 stars Halve your handicap for the price of a takeaway Biryani
Published on 31 Jan 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not for me
I own far too many golf books and this is one that I really didn't need. I know that I need to practise my short game. I know that I need to practise my putting.

So do you if you're reading this.

Save a few quid and get on the chipping green. It may need seem as glamorous as reading a book but it will do you more good.

I dropped 5 strokes...
Published on 28 Nov 2010 by Catfunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Halve your handicap for the price of a takeaway Biryani, 31 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Dr Alder, a leading psychologist and business guru, and Karl Morris a PGA professional have condensed some of the best of neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) to achieve astounding improvements in golf scores at all levels. Ian Woosnam wrote in the foreword: "What I have learnt form Harry's books on NLP and from several discussions with Harry since has reminded me of the techniques, the thought process and the state of mind that I enjoyed in my best years and which I feel I am rediscovering now " . "The time I have spent with Harry and Karl has opened my eyes to the importance of the right mental approach . . .I GUARANTEE THAT READING MASTERSTROKE WILL OPEN YOUR EYES, NOT ONLY TO THE TECHNIQUES YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE THOUGHT OF USING TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME, BUT ALSO TO THE ENORMOUS IMPORTANCE OF THE CORRECT MENTAL ATTITUDE". After being in the doldrums for several years after winning the US Masters and other majors Woosnam shot to No 2 in Europe in the immediate season after meeting Dr Alder and learning some of his mind techniques. Ian and Dr Alder were featured in the Daily Mail at the time. Experienced golfers typically halve their handicap as they start to control any kind of pressure and not be conscious (and critical)of what they are doing physically while actually doing it. In the Masterstroke Question Clinic at the end of each chapter there are stacks of practical techniques for just about every mental aspect of the game. I noticed a few of these questions were raised by readers in Dr Alder's regular 'Mind Games' feature in 'Today's Golfer'. Woosnam says "I recommend you read Masterstroke. NLP helped my game. It will help yours too". I say, skip the Biryani.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not for me, 28 Nov 2010
This review is from: Masterstroke: Use the Power of Your Mind to Improve Your Golf with NLP (Hardcover)

So do you if you're reading this.

I dropped 5 strokes this summer just by following my own advice!

ARRAY(0xb38b5d98)