4.0 out of 5 stars Eternal Love
Published on 11 Aug. 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars new ideas
This was an introduction to different thinking that I'm not certain I was ready for. However, I shall be delving further into the subject of previous lives and remain ready to be convinced.
Published 16 months ago by ferrule

4.0 out of 5 stars Eternal Love, 11 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Only Love is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited (Paperback)
To fully appreciate this book, it is advisable to have read Many Lives, Many Masters first. This allows you to understand the basic concept behind the book and shows you how a scientific, sceptical professional came to make this "discovery" about love transcending a number of lifetimes. I found the book a little slow at first, but soon found it hard to put down. This book will not appeal to everyone. Each person needs his or her own proof concerning the eternal existance of the soul, and without this it is easy to dismiss the evidence presented in the book. For those with an open mind, however, it is fascinating. After reading this book, you will be more careful about pledging "Eternal Love" to someone!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book!, 25 April 2005
I got this book after a typed "reincarnation" into the search bar. It appealed to me since I'm a romantic at heart and the idea of having someone who is your soulmate who you meet life after life is so thrilling to me. It is such a well written book, the story of Elizabeth and Pedro is separated with the author's thoughts or experiences of other patients the most touching of these occurs at the bottom of page 43. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, because you are not sure how Elizabeth and Pedro are connected or even if they will fulfill their destiny.
I guess the main effect is it really makes you think - am I connected to those people around me? have I already met my soulmate? Is the one I'm with the one I'm meant to be with? It makes you believe in destiny, but explains things I feel comforted to know. For example he suggests that you don't meet your soulmate in every life, sometimes they're not your sexual partner, but your sibling, child or parent, or even if you do meet them that they might not recognise you. It does not contain any trite promises that you will meet your soulmate and he/she will be your husband/wife.
I have not read any of his other books, but I intend too. I couldn't put it down, and read it in one sitting. I think you'll find it more interesting if you believe in past lives or are aware of your spiritually in some sense. But I think everyone would find something of value in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars heartwarming and inspiring, 29 Mar. 2010
Kathryn Marshall (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book because I was curious about the notion of soul mates but I got so much more from it.

It is easy to read and engaging, I read it cover to cover in 2 days and I read slowly - every word. I was on holiday with a friend to whom I often quoted passages which provoked discussion and resulted in her asking me to finish reading it so she could borrow it.

There were lots of thought provoking comments about our own purpose and mortality. I found myself considering how we choose to live our lives and how we choose to be with ourselves and others. Alongside the narrative about the journey of the two souls described, I was inspired and uplifted by Dr Weiss's wisdom and insights received from the masters which were peppered into the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars this book changed my life, 21 Nov. 2010
This was the first spiritually based book i ever read,before reading this book life just didn't make sense to me, the way people were the point of us being here at all! i just didn't understand it all. this book by all means doesn't have all the answers but once i started reading it i couldn't put it down and it opened up my eyes and made me see life from a different perspective. it is one of the best books ive ever read thank you mr reiss! i would reccommend this book to anyone i also love all of his other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really remarkable book, 6 Aug. 2013
Dr Weiss presents wonderful and convincing accounts of previous lives patients recall under hypnosis. These have incredible atmosphere, and compellingly suggest there are no accidents in life, that the struggles we experience in relationships and the sometimes awful problems life throws at us are rooted in a past which though beyond the limits of normal memory is still real and our own. This recognition offers the possibility of seeing a kind of meaning in these experiences that makes them easier to accept, work through and understand. He presents experience as a process of learning in which death is no longer an enemy and life is a precious opportunity which really does make sense, even though that sense is only revealed in momentary glimpses most of the time.
The explanations linking the stories, which he clearly feels are necessary, don't always have the impact of those stories for me, but he's a well respected doctor who has been tremendously important in opening up this field of therapy to mainstream medicine and I figure he knows what he's doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Love is Real, 5 Jun. 2010
J. J. Rowley "rowleyjohnuk" (Loughborough, Leics) - See all my reviews
This is again a superb book, well written and involves 2 main characters from his first book and the attempts for them to reunite their souls in this lifetime. Dramatic well told story without the hype etc.

Read it with the rest of his books. Mind blowing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting despite it's style, 5 July 2010
Mrs. Fiona Wilton - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I first read this book about ten years ago and it had a huge impact on me. The book focuses on the past life regression of the Drs clients - two particularly - Elizbeth and Pedro. Dr Weiss describes these sessions in short chapters and they are very easy to read - not much in the way of critique. He also describes episodes where his 'patients' provide a conduit for the 'masters' to speak. Much of what is said by the masters focuses on the importance of learning and love in life. There are lots of beautiful descriptions of afterlife activity/purposes.
I've just re-read this book with I suppose a more mature and critical perspective and found some elements a little clumsy (past-lives possibly overlapping, style issues in the writing a bit immature). However it certainly resonates and is uplifting and full of wisdom. Whether the past-life regression/masters angle is 'true' or not actually doesnt matter to me that much anymore. It's simply a lovely story with plenty of good advice on living life in a positive way. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's true, 8 Dec. 2013
R. Higgins "Electronically challenged" (Shropshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This book was bought as a gift for a pensioner friend of ours. He recently lost his wife and already has an interest in this subject, having read a number of similar books over a period of years. He has said that -although still reading it- it is a great little book and has given him some peace of mind about his recent loss. It is in a way reassuring for him. He has believed in this subject for as long as I have known him, which is about 17 years, so whilst it is not new to him, reading about it helps. I would recommend it to anyone who already has a belief in this subject matter, and even if you are just curious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 25 July 2009
I would recommend anyone to first read his first book 'Many Lives Many Masters' before you read this book so that you understand where Dr Weiss is coming from but a wonderful story in it's own right. I love the way he writes as it is so clear and easy to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Love is Real, 11 Jan. 2011
This is such a touching and thought provoking book. It makes you look at yourself and what actually matters in life. It gives you hope and it inspired me to make small changes to my life and look at things with a more open mind.

Only Love is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited
Only Love is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited by Brian L. Weiss (Paperback - 27 Feb. 1997)