on 19 May 2010
In the past I have tried different forms of 'meditation' but stopped before it became a regular, helpful part of my day. I have checked out books and many links on You Tube, but this book really gets to the nub of everything, and gives you various ways to see which form of meditation is for you, and differentiates between just 'relaxation' and what actual meditation means and does. I would recommend it.
I was looking for a good book that would give me the basics of meditation. Far too many books are linked to religions, philosophies or spiritual elements. I wanted something that was more objective, easy to understand and to put in practice. I read the positive reviews on Amazon and decided to give it a go. This is an excellent book for beginners like me. The author offers a very pragmatic prospective on several meditation methods. He suggests to try a few and stick to the one(s) that work better for you. I like the chapter dedicated to how to stick to meditation and incorporate it in your daily life.
A very good book, at a very affordable price, ideal for beginners. Highly recommended.
on 3 January 2013
I'm completely new to meditation and I'm finding this book very clear and helpful.
I think it is extremely good for realising that meditation is not something exclusive for monks living in deserts or high mountains but also for people who live in cities and have quite a busy lifestyle. The book provides you with little exercises to do in your everyday life as well as "more serious" practices. I am enthused about the book, haven't finished it yet, not because it's long, but because I think it is a book you should read little by little, giving yourself time to practice, but I can say that so far so good.
on 12 June 2012
This is a nicely written, accessible introduction to meditation with some fun exercises to try. The author has a friendly, easy style of writing which is encouraging and makes the reader want to try things out. Liked it!
on 26 April 2012
This is an excellent book. I owned it a few years ago, but lost it. I decided to order it again because it effectively teaches the basics of meditation in a very simple manner. I love this book and I highly recommend it.
on 26 January 2015
I read this book in more or less one sitting. I have only recently become interested in meditation and this book has become an invaluable guide for me, and I'm sure for many other people wanting to find out more about the subject. The text is very interesting, is well structured throughout, and full of great quotes from people that have attended Eric's classes. You can tell he actually teaches meditation and his passion and willing to pass on his knowledge, and to encourage his reader to try out the various methods of meditation is wholly infectious.
A down to earth easy to follow book on meditation. Covers many different forms of meditation without bias. Makes meditation easy and fun.

Definitely recommended for the beginner to meditation.
on 9 September 2013
This book is easy & very straightforward to use. Hence the five star rating. It also covers some area that I had not considered, I.e. how the two hemisphere's of our brain are linked & the way they work. I'd spent quite a lot of time looking at different websites on meditation, but this book puts it into easy terms without any religious slant in any way. If you want to start on a path that brings peace of mind & benefits both physically & mentally then this would be a good book to start with.
on 14 July 2011
Nicely written and informative book that will help you get on your way with meditation, lots of useful hints, tips and how to's including different types of meditation.
on 22 August 2015
This is such a fabulous book, even just reading through it made me feel very peaceful without even getting to the meditation. Excellent author, must have!!