5.0 out of 5 stars A FASCINATING LOOK AT REINCARNATION...
Published on 12 April 2005 by Lawyeraau

Firstly let me say, I purchased this book 'Yesterday's Children' about ten years ago, which I thought was amazing, incredibly interesting and totally believable. Tonight I recommended it to my son and he's keen to read it.

Published 8 months ago by Jayne

5.0 out of 5 stars A FASCINATING LOOK AT REINCARNATION..., 12 April 2005
Lawyeraau (Balmoral Castle) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Yesterday's Children: The Search for My Family from the Past (Paperback)
I first read about the strange story of Jenny Cockell and her search for her past life children in a magazine many years ago and found it fascinating. I did not realize that she had written a book about her experience, until I happened to catch a movie on television that was titled, "Yesterday's Children", starring Jane Seymour. As soon as I saw the film, I realized that it was the story of the woman about whom I had read so many years before. When I saw that the film was based upon a book that she had written about her experience, I immediately ordered the book from Amazon.
The book is an intriguing look at the concept of reincarnation. Jenny Cockell's experience would tend to support such a concept. Ever since she was a child, Jenny was haunted by dreams and fragments of a past life, of Mary, a woman who had died twenty one years before Jenny was born, of children who were Mary's but whom Jenny felt were, nonetheless, her own, of a town in Ireland in which she had lived as Mary. So, when Jenny Cockell was a woman in her thirties, she decided to investigate those memories. Always at the forefront of her mind were thoughts of those children of long ago. What she would discover would give even the most hardened nay-sayer food for thought.
This is a well-written, persuasive account of a past life, as well as the story of a mother's love for her children, a love that would reach across time and transcend temporal reality. For those who discount the concept of reincarnation and think that this is all that there is, I would suggest that they read this book and think again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A FASCINATING LOOK AT REINCARNATION..., 11 April 2005
Lawyeraau (Balmoral Castle) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I first read about the strange story of Jenny Cockell and her search for her past life children in a magazine many years ago and found it fascinating. I did not realize that she had written a book about her experience, until I happened to catch a movie on television that was titled, "Yesterday's Children", starring Jane Seymour. As soon as I saw the film, I realized that it was the story of the woman about whom I had read so many years before. When I saw that the film was based upon a book that she had written about her experience, I immediately ordered it from Amazon.
The book is an intriguing look at the concept of reincarnation. Jenny Cockell's experience would tend to support such a concept. She was haunted ever since she was a child by dreams and fragments of a past life, of Mary, a woman who had died twenty one years before Jenny was born, of children who were Mary's but whom Jenny felt were, nonetheless, her own, of a town in Ireland in which she had lived as Mary. So, when Jenny Cockell was a woman in her thirties, she decided to investigate those memories. Always at the forefront of her mind were thoughts of those children of long ago. What she would discover would give even the most hardened nay-sayer food for thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual but strangely credible true life re-incarnation, 21 Nov. 1998
By A Customer
One of those books you just can't put down. An incredible true story of an equally incredible woman in Jenny Cockell. Jenny has inexplicable memories of a family and of a place that seem alien and remote to her and yet very real. The memories are of a place and time many years ago in Ireland. They are memories of great hardship in bringing up a young family. So troubled and moved by the memories is she that she sets out on a quest to find her "lost family" against all her better judgement and that of those around her. She has to do this because she has a strong feeling of responsibility to the children she does not know. Well, she finds the location and she finds the family and the story that unfolds in this quest is quite amazing as is this whole experience. These are not the writings of a hoaxer - if you read the book, you will know that Jenny is the genuine article; which makes it all the more astounding. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reincarnation - a remarkable read., 15 Jun. 2003
Elaine Adams (Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
For anyone seeking to find a deeper meaning to life, then Jenny Cockell's book is a must read. This well-written and documented account of a past life memory, leaves the reader in no doubt that reincarnation is a certainty. Jenny's story, based on haunting memories from her childhood, is the best piece of evidence I have come across to support the theory of reincarnation. The book, which is fluently written, with plenty of photographs and drawings to support the text, is impossible to put down. The conclusion to this remarkable story, where Jenny is reunited with her family is incredibly moving and leaves the reader utterly convinced that life does not end with physical death. A truly outstanding book in every way.I cannot recommend it enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars which I thought was amazing, incredibly interesting and totally believable, 2 Nov. 2014

However, whilst also tonight checking out the reviews on Amazon for 'Yesterday's Children' I have discovered that Jenny Cockell, apparently, has other books about MORE past lives - and not only that, she has FUTURE lives too.

I am so disappointed, as I am now not sure that I believe the book 'Yesterday's Children'. With all the other books it all seems so over the top. If she had left it at that, with 'Yesterday's Children' it would be so much more believable, but I am now very sceptical and wish I hadn't recommended the book to my son. I am now feeling a bit embarrassed about being so gullible. Is this a severe case of the Gravy Train?

4.0 out of 5 stars strange but true, 21 Feb. 2010
M. Hughes "mohugs" (middlesex uk) - See all my reviews
whether you believe in the theory of reincarnation or not , after reading this this book it will leave room for second thoughts . The writer comes across as rather naive but her research and results cannot be put aside as fantasy .

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking!, 17 Feb. 2014
Good to read a book on reincarnation by what could be considered as a non -commercial author. This is a real-life event story by a well-balanced individual and not someone trying to make money. All too often books of this nature are a collection of oft-repeated cases, but this is more the story of how this exceptional lady coped with her past-life memories and the scars they left on her. Highly recommended for anyone with or without an interested in the phenomenon of reincarnation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Read Book for those interested in the cycle of birth and rebirth, 22 Feb. 2014
Nigel LW Flanakin (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
I met Jenny Cockell at a dinner party I was fascinated by her story and never forgot it. Over fifteen years later I came across her book. A fascinating read and a must read book for Buddhists like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars It amazed me!, 6 Nov. 2013
This happened during a time when there were no cell phones, internet etc. And this girl did not give up looking for her previous -life family. It makes me believe it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well deserved 5 star !!!, 27 May 2014
J Lindsay (Grangemouth Fife) - See all my reviews
I loved this book , so cleverly written and wonderful look at reincarnation ! Recently widowed I am more and more interested in thus subject and it gives me faith .

Yesterday's Children: The Search for My Family from the Past
Yesterday's Children: The Search for My Family from the Past by Jenny Cockell (Paperback - 11 Jun. 1993)