‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough going but worth it., 2 April 2011
This book is not easy to work through, but I have found it to be very useful. It may be best done with the help of a professional counsellor. It is tough going so be prepared.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Can Save You - Honestly!, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Home Coming: Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child (Paperback)
I have never reviewed anything before in my life. I have never felt happy about myself for no other reason than being myself before in my life.

Right now both of these things are happening. I thoroughly recommend this book. If you have had issues such as rape or sexual abuse then i recommend reading/listening with a therapist.

I listened to the audio book. I wont go into specifics so as not to risk spoiling your experience. However i will say at one point i burst completely into tears. And the last time i cried was 3 years ago when my mother died.

This book has made me love myself, or my inner child. Thats the only way i can describe it. I haven't even listened to the last 1 hour! LOL. I can say for definite that my life has changed forever. Its quite amazing.

If you have done MDMA or ecstacy before, then i promise you, that is the exact feeling i am having right now. The ecstacy pills taught me how good i could feel when i took them. But for reasons unknown to me until now i have lived each day of my life feeling down and depressed.

I feel so good right now and i urge you to do the same. I can say with certainty i know why i have been feeling down my whole life and this audio book has given me the keys to unlocking my past and freeing my present.

I am going to save the last hour of the audiobook for tomorrow as im feeling too overwhelmed right now!

I genuinely hope you give this a listen and read and that it makes you feel as i do now!

5.0 out of 5 stars If taken seriously this is a life changing book, 25 May 2010
I was definitely sceptical about buying another self-improvement book. But this is like no other. It is not out there to give you techniques about how to be more positive and feel empowered etc. This book aims to heal people from within and focuses on helping you to fully understand yourself. There are parts of the book that seem laborious to follow and perhaps a bit strange but they are certainly worth the effort. Parts may make people feel uncomfortable and suffer but that is just part of the process required to find inner happiness. The potential rewards of taking this book seriously can be life changing.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Bradshaw is utterly fantastic, a revelation, 4 Feb. 2010
Mej Newman (uk) - See all my reviews
If youre scared to read this book and do the work then you HAVE to buy it and do the work!!!!!! Believe me its worth it, I avoided it because I couldnt face it, when I got the courage I read it, there was pain but it was better to go through it than live with the feelings inside. I have read other books by John Bradshaw and they have all been very good indeed. He is one of the foremost authorites on inner child therapy, in my personal opinion inner child therapy is the most valuable there is. If you were wounded when you were young chances are there is part of you that is still wounded, untill you heal your inner child (and realise that you are the only one who can be there for the little wounded boy or girl that lives inside of us and that we are the only person we need) its possible we wont get lasting peace and fulfillment. Just buy it, commit to doing the work no matter what, you owe it to yourself, you WILL NOT regret it trust me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do the work & heal your life, 12 July 2007
This is a simple-to-use guided workbook that gives the reader the opportunity (and means) to revisit thier childhood traumas and heal the psychic wounds. I have used this book in conjunction with counselling to be able to move forward in my emotional life and to ensure that I do not bequeath my own emotional wounds on my children. Worked in the context of pedagogical child-rearing as described by Alice Miller, this book has helped me to not only heal myself, but to understand and forgive my parents. Truly a family recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, 7 Oct. 2014
I actually have owned this book for many years (the original edition). This is a book that is just incredible. It has helped me so much over the years.
It is easy to understand and follow, and helps you to discover your own healing journey. The other good thing about this book is that now I can look back and see how far I have come since I first read it.
This book has really helped me over the years. I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to heal and connect with their inner child. Wounds from the past can affect us way more than we think. This book guides the reader through the past in such a way that is comforting. This has been one of the most useful books that I have come across over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly life changing book, 5 Oct. 2012
My counsellor suggested that I read this book and we then worked through it together. It brought up so much 'stuff' that I'm not sure I would have managed it without her gentle and careful guidance. We embarked upon a tumultuous, and at times very painful, journey which included some extremely powerful techniques for unearthing things that had been buried alive and left unresolved from my childhood and adolescence.

I am confident that this book was instrumental in the deep healing I have experienced since reading it and putting into practice the suggested exercises and meditations. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is continuing to live their adult life with unresolved hurts, frustrations and emotional wounds they received as a child.

I have never before felt so empowered and in control, and I know that I owe much of that to John Bradshaw and this life changing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 3 Feb. 2014
the book contains lots of tests to do to evaluate yourself overall and at each childhood phase. the author goes through all phases; infancy, toddler, schoolage, teenage years and gives you insights as to how things might have gone wrong and then tips on how you can work on them. there is a part where the author advises not do to certain things without the approval of your therapist so if you are in therapy it would be a good idea to let your therapist know first. in any case the author is very careful in telling you what is safe to do and what not. even if you don't do the "therapy" part the book is still an excellent read on wounds that we acquire as we grow up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome way to heal ourselfs..., 15 Jan. 2013
This book is a very powerfull tool to heal our problems, by healing the core issues from the past. I have heard about it in my hypnosis training. I recommended to everyone who intends to achieve an holistic heal from the self.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but would caution not to get into this ..., 23 Nov. 2014
I like it but would caution not to get into this too deeply unless supported by personal therapy as Mr Bradshaw himself advises. I like it but am not impressed with the questionnaires which lead to self-diagnosing. Anyone would answer yes to the majority of the questions because we are all human raised in some way or another by humans. I'm not being flippant I do feel the questionnaires are not helpful as they could strike fear into the reader.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›