5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically Brilliant, 11 July 2014
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

Memory Zero is the first book in The Spook Squad trilogy and it starts the series off with a flying leap. Filled with danger and mystery this is a phenomenally brilliant book. I recommend this book to anyone that loves paranormal and intriguing books. I also can’t wait to read the next books in the series to find out what happens next.

The Review:

Life began for Sam at age 14. She has no memories before that, and after a decade working in the police force has lead to no clues on her parents or her past. On a rainy winter night all this changes when her missing partner of five years resurfaces as a vampire and tries to recruit then kill her. After killing him Sam is suspended and launched into a series of unexpected dangers where her past is hidden but could hold the answers to the impending wars on humans. With the unexpected help of Gabriel Stern, Sam might just survive long enough to uncover the secrets someone will kill to keep covered and maybe survive to see another day and clear her name.

FTC Advisory: Dell through Net Galley provided me with a copy of Memory Zero by Keri Arthur. Published through Random House Publishing Group-Bantam Dell. Kindle Edition. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory Zero, 18 Feb 2014
I've read the Riley Jenson and Dark Angel books and decided to have a go at some of Keri's earlier books. This was pretty good. Lots of action and intrigue, with a great back story. Looking forward to reading the next in the series and finding out more about Ryan's past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Aug 2013
I love Keri Arthur shes amazing! Ive read loads of her books but this one has been the best so far!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great series from keri Arthur, 13 July 2013
I am in love with keri Arthur and throughly enjoy all the books so review is probably to totally biased but I don't care! Ok the books aren't going to change life's but they will make them more then a little less dull as you involve yourself in all of keri Arthur's worlds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Zero: Spook Squad Trilogy, 16 April 2013
I have just got my first Kindle and as I like Keri Arthur books I down loaded the Spook Squad Trilogy as I had not yet read them. If you are like me and you like Keri Arthur other books you will like the Spook Squad Trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Mar 2012
J. Nixon (England) - See all my reviews
Have read most of this author. Really good stories to get lost in. You are best reading in order so you have a feel for the characters

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Memory Zero: Number 1 in series (Spook Squad Trilogy) (Paperback)
the book came very quickly much to my husband horror as he hates me buying books but I love to get the whole sets and it was in good condition

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 18 Nov 2010
This was a great book very enjoyable. Once started I couldn't put it down. If you enjoy something different this book is for you.Purchased the second and third books and carn't wait to start reading them.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Paranormal Thriller...., 14 Aug 2010
Me read (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This was my first Keri Arthur book so didn't know what I was going to get. Turned out I got a good story.
It's paranormal, yes, but the thriller catagory is a better fit.

It'a a thriller first and foremost and that's what makes this paranormal book a little different to the countless others out there. There's a spot of romance thrown in but mostly it's about police murder investigations, a framed cop and a villain trying to outwit and aviod the law. Everything a good thriller should be.

However, it's set in a time and place where otherworldly creatures are the norm in society (even if society doesn't know about them) and so the characters are shape shifters/changers and monsters of indeterminate origin and vampires (and not the sparkly, cute kind either).

This is the first in a trilogy so there's a lot of world/character building but there's still a lot of story packed in too. I have a couple of critisisms though. As good as the story is, I found some of the charcters a bit confusing because it was hard to keep tabs on who the shape changers were at any one time. The ability of some characters to 'change' into another character kept things interesting but made it hard to know 'who was who'. Also, the ending seemed very rushed and didn't keep the same pace as the first three quarters of the book which jarred a bit.

I would recommend this book as a good and solid story though and if you're into thrillers and/or paranormal then this is for you.

I'm looking forward to part 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spook Squad Trilogy book 1, 13 Mar 2010
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Sam is unable to remember anything about her past and joined the State Police to try to find out about her background. Despite doing detailed searches she has been unable to find out anything - it's as if all details of her & her family have been wiped from the system but the reason why is still a mystery. At the start of the story Sam's partner Jack is missing along with several other police officers. When she recieves a phone call from Jack asking her to meet him she is relieved to know that he is OK but then they meet & he attempts to kill her. Things soon go from bad to worse and she only manages to escape with her life because of the help she receives from Gabriel.

She finds herself suspended from the police and fighting for her life but has no idea who she can trust or where to turn for help. In the end she has to accept help from Gabriel but she still isn't sure that she can trust him. Gabriel is a shapechanger and has plenty of his own secrets to keep hidden. He needs to get Sam to trust him but how can he convince her to do that if he doesn't trust her? Gabriel is a member of SID (otherwise known as the Spook Squad) and while trying to find out about Sam's past and investigate the reasons Jack is trying to kill her they find themselves in a situation that is larger than either of them could have imagined. Their enemies may be closer than they think and they will have to put their trust in each other if they are going to survive.

After reading the first couple of books in Keri Arthur's Nikki & Michael vampire series I knew I wanted to check out more books by this author. I loved the sound of Memory Zero and had high hopes for this trilogy but I have to say I was blown away by this book. When I read the first book in a series I tend to expect that they will be a little slow to start while the author is building their world for us but Memory Zero was action from the word go. The story was so fast paced & had so many plot twists it was like being on a rollercoaster. One that I really didn't want to end but just couldn't get off of and I ended up reading the whole book in one sitting!

Despite the fast and twisting plot Keri Arthur manages to create a realistic and detailed futuristic world. It was easy to connect to both of the main characters and although there was no romance you can feel the chemistry between Sam and Gabriel so I have high hopes for something developing between them throughout the series. This was a 5 star start to the series and I'm looking forward to reading the remaining 2 books!

Memory Zero: Number 1 in series (Spook Squad Trilogy)
Memory Zero: Number 1 in series (Spook Squad Trilogy) by Keri Arthur (Paperback - 2 April 2009)
6.56