Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 December 2009
I've just finished this and I'm confident that Sherrilyn Kenyon has the makings of another great series here.
Born of Ice follows Born of Night & Born of Fire. The story picks up with the children of the main characters from the first two books. I was surprised that it skipped other characters' stories to be here but nonetheless, the writing remains compelling and interesting and I immediately 'bonded' with the story.
Well worth reading if you like a bit of sci-fi, hot men and women who can kick butt!
on 13 March 2010
I read the other reveiws for this book after I'd ordered it and they didn't really help. Although if you've read born of night + fire your resolve to finish the trilogy and read this is probably unmovable and your gonna read born of ice anyway. So basically, if you wanna know a bit about what happens in this book then here ya go (maybe spoilers on the way, don't know I haven't written it yet...)
So Alix is a likable character and easy to understand, Devyn (Syn's son) is also very likable. The story is pretty straight forward, Alix is sent to get dirt (or fake dirt) on Devyn so Merjack (the original merjack's granson, as this is set in the future to the other books)can arrest him. So Alix infiltrates Devyn's life and they fall in love. The whole, falling in love bit in this book was...not as tension filled and :O as in the last two books. Could have been better. Next complaint: when Syn found Shahara was playing him all along in the previous book it was full of tension and explosive. When Devyn finds out, it's a bit anti-climatic and...not as dramatic basically.
Something else that happens in this book is we get to check up on how Kiara and Nykirian (spelt wrong I know) are getting on. Well, I was shocked to find they have...6 kids (including Thia). I was also shocked at some info on Adron (one of their offspring) that was pretty sad and interesting that, in the end, wasn't really resolved (she could write a whole different book surrounding it!). We also get to see what happened with Darling and Hauk in their future, which was nice.
Ending involves Paden, and a resolve is finally come to there. My beef with that though is, when him and Syn are in a scene together Syn doesn't care enough, I mean after all the fuss he always makes over him, they're finally shoved together and it's like...there should be more tension and more...emotion there. This book is shorter than the other two and felt a bit rushed which was a bit disappointing. Final complaint is that Shahara's character seems to have changed and I don't like it, she's not herself anymore. Apart from that, good plot and twists, likable characters...if you read the last two you'll like this, hows that?
I know it seems like I've complained a lot but I've still given it 5* (which says something)and this book does have a lot to give and most of that stuff goes without saying so...enjoy!
on 18 December 2009
I absolutley love sherrilyn kenyon and her DH series, and this final installment in the trilogy "league" is ni dissapointment. You had to have read the first two, born of night then born of fire. this third and final installment tells the story or devyn the son of syn and the deveaux. he is just like his father, meets a girl, lots of mystery and charm, falls for her etc .. action adventure, love ... and very explosive. i only have 2 minor problems with it. one) It's not as thick as the other two.. still an enjoyable lenght tho. two) It warrants a 5 stay however, it's sad that every charecter has been "wronged" by a woman, heart torn out, almost killed etc ... three seperate people (and the others who are included) all have the same problem. shame as maybeeeeeee the past problems couldve varied BUT still a 5 star. loved it.
on 28 February 2010
I have read the whole Born Of series and thought they were absolutely fab, much as I love paranormal series this made a wonderful change and although about different planets didn't get all technical as some sci-fi writers are wont to do, it just had lots of action, lots of romance and lots of hunky heros, what more can a girl ask for?!!
on 21 March 2016
I really can't get through this series quick enough. I am loving the way the characters are building, the stories are so descriptive and interesting. I can't recommend this series enough.
on 31 October 2014
Really enjoy reading this series of books. The characters are interesting and complex and the storyline is good. They are in my favourites and I have enjoyed rereading them.
on 8 April 2013
great book . love the author sherrilyn kenyon , she has a of appealing to me, through her books. it makes you feel, your right there. in the pages.
on 24 October 2013
I love this series and the author kept me riveted from start to finish. I will keep a lookout for anymore in the series. I love it!!!!!
on 1 September 2013
Another good story though it was a great deal shorter then the last two I read. Characters were likable and the plot was fine as well.
on 23 August 2013
I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's writing her stories are always very gripping, you never want to put her books down until you've finished