4.0 out of 5 stars Kat Can Do, 27 Jun 2009
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Underground (Greywalker) (Paperback)
Having loved the previous two books in the series I took a break for a few days before starting this offering in case I was just in a good mood for the time of year (hey we're talking British Summer here folks, that rare and wonderful thing where you get three hours of sunshine against seven days of rain. LOL) so was a tad worried when I started it that I really couldn't get straight back in to the tale. I was wrong on that front as I was immediately hooked and yet again found my time was literally sucked through a portal to end up quite late at night and me suddenly thinking where had my time gone. A great series and one that I really can't recommend enough for those looking for something different in the Supernatural genre. What Jim did for Wizards, Kat has done for her own unique outlook on the world. Definitely a tale worth the read and definitely a high quality series to compare others by.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, 27 Feb 2009
This review is from: Underground (Greywalker) (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book. The characters are sufficiently well rounded to carry a series and there is scope for development. On the strength of this first offering I bought the next two in the series. Well paced but skip the pseudo scientific babble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harper's back, 30 Jan 2009
PJ Rankine (Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Underground (Greywalker) (Paperback)
I won't bother expanding on the previous review because it covers the synopsis very well, suffice it to say that Harper Blaine is back and Kat Richardson goes from strength to strength in this latest episode. Her books are well written and literate and exhibit a style and technique beyond what is essentially pulp fiction. Kat; if you're reading this, please take that as a compliment. Her description of the Seattle underground is so vivid that it made me want to go there and see it for myself and demonstrates the amount of research she puts into her work. The characters are well developed and its nice to see old friends are not forgotten. Hope to see the detective getting a bigger mention in a later work. In a genre heavily populated with dross this series is pure class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously spooky., 1 Nov 2008
This review is from: Underground (Greywalker) (Paperback)
Underground is the third book in Kat Richardson's Greywalker series, and if you haven't already read the first two books (Greywalker and Poltergeist) I would highly recommend that you do before starting into this one.

Harper Blaine is a private investigator with some extra talents - as the result of dying and being rescusitated two minutes later she now sees ghosts and can manipulate 'the grey'.(It's just a bit too complicated to explain fully here) Needless to say her new abilities have been landing her some strange new cases dealing with ghosts, necromancers, vampires and other things that go bump in the night.

In Underground, Quinton (a friend of Harper's) - fearing he may be implicated in their deaths - comes to Harper looking for help after a number of homeless people from the underground community of Seattle have been found, oddly bloodless and chewed on by some sort of creature...

Harper as a character has developed from previous books. She's far more comfortable with her skills, better able to use them, and needing far less guidance and help from others to deal with them. She's no more powerful, but she is more confident. I also liked finding out more about Quinton and his backstory and I enjoyed the greater role he had in this book to that in previous books in the series.

I found this book to be quite spooky and sinister and full of tension, twists and turns - much more so than many other Urban Fantasy novels anyway. Kat Richardson's books aren't quite as eerily terrifying as Cherie Priest's books but they're not far off at times. I'll be looking forward to more by this author in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Underground (Greywalker) (Paperback)
An excellent book, however you do need to read them all in order to understand the story. If you like Vampires, Ghosts, ferrets and the paranormal then the Greywalker series of books are for you. I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the series, 4 Aug 2013
M. Burrows "augustus' mum" (Southampton England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Underground (Greywalker) (Paperback)
Although the monster is a bit 'silly', this is def my favourite of the Greywalker novels. The Seattle underground is a great setting. Loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Underground - another instalment in a great series, 6 Aug 2010
This review is from: Underground (Greywalker) (Paperback)
I am in the middle of reading all of the Kat Richardson Greywalker books. They have plot, characters you can relate to and the added element of the supernatural.
Underground was a superb addition to the series and I was delighted to learn more about Quinton, to confirm suspicions I had!
If you enjoyed the others, you can't fail to enjoy this one.

Underground (Greywalker)
Underground (Greywalker) by Kat Richardson (Paperback - 7 Aug 2008)
7.09