5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, Carpathians enter a new realm....
Published on 16 Sep 2007 by ROROBLU'S MUM

3.0 out of 5 stars Formulaic Feehan...
I'm surprised I'm the first to write a review. I bought this book ages ago.

Published on 2 Oct 2008 by Imani

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, Carpathians enter a new realm...., 16 Sep 2007
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
From various reviews, I'd expected this to be a great novel, and from the trailer on CF's website, I knew we were in for a treat, and this book did not disappoint. Apart from Rafael's story (another De La Cruz brother), this was the most passionate of the series. I'm used to CF's books being hot, but this was entering the realm of erotica/romantica, and like Rafael's one, this book is a keeper. A note to readers, there are frequent and VERY graphic sex scenes, with some very frank language, which may shock, but boy, do they add to the story!! Keep it up Christine, can't wait til the next book!

4.0 out of 5 stars The De La Cruz's brothers never look so tempting until now, 26 Oct 2007
I waited impatiently for this book but ironically I forgot about it for some time until it was giving to me as an early gift and once more, I was not disappointed. I have been a fan of Christine Feehan from the first Carpathian novel and own most of her novels. I for one was not disappointed and establish this book a great addition on my shelf. In here we have our hero on the verge of becoming a vampire; Manolito De La Cruz is called back to his Carpathian homeland and unexpectedly finds his destined life mate, MaryAnne Delaney, who has no idea of the lengths that Manolito will go through to keep his mate.

Well after reading this I found the characters to be strong, absorbing, and very hard to ignore in different ways. I did wish, however, for more of a continuance of the story from the "Celebration". Like what happened to Manolito from the time he was stabbed till he woke to early in the rainforest? How did he manage to convince Mary Ann to take a journey with people she didn't know? What exactly did Gregori do to bring Manolito back - and (while I understand the concept) what exactly did he do during his journey to the tree of life to retrieve Manolito's spirit. Since this spirit journey has great deal to do with the actual story line, I wish that it had been better explained. I enjoyed meeting Vlad and his life mate in the shadow world, but wondered why Ivory wasn't there with them. Is this another story? Is she really dead? Enquiring minds want to know or am I asking too much.

I liked meeting some of the new old ones for pretty much the first time. There will be readers (dedicated fans really) that will be put off by Feehan's direction. And this story definitely threw in some new factors that hadn't been really mentioned in previous books. I'm sure if you loved her other books and actually pick this one up, you're going to love it. A must read for paranormal lovers and romance lovers alike. This book along with her other work makes you feel you're actually a character taking part in the story and not just reading it at a distant. This book draws you in completely and keeps you there and if you lucky it might even take you away. I wouldn't mind reading Zacharias' story next but here's hoping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great characters, Loved it., 3 Nov 2010
This review is from: Dark Possession: Number 18 in series ('Dark' Carpathian) (Paperback)
One of my favourite Feehan books, smart, witty,funny and with a twist. Bout time too that the Carpathians met their match - but in a good way. Otherwise it can get somewhat repetitive. Hopefully will lead to an expansion in the series.
One of my favourites with Dark Fire and Dark Celebration. The humour definitely works in these and love the characters. Ms Feehan seems to get them really right and they work well together.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first 'Dark' novel - it won't be the last..., 30 Dec 2008
Lucy Felthouse (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is the first of Christine Feehan's many books that I've read, but if Dark Possession is anything to go by, it won't be the last. This book is the story of Manolito De La Cruz, a Carpathian male who has been without his lifemate for so long that he is in danger of becoming the very thing he detests - vampire. However, on being recalled to his homeland, he catches the scent of his lifemate and is determined not to let her go.

The human woman that Manolito believes is his lifemate is no pushover. MaryAnn Delaney is a counsellor for battered women and therefore has no time for dominant and aggressive men. She knows full well that these are two character traits common in Carpathian males and therefore would never make room in her life for a man like Manolito.

Manolito, however, won't give up so easily. He makes a plan to lure her to South America where he will convert her, and make her his forever. The first part of the plan runs smoothly, and MaryAnn is within easy reach of the man that wants her so badly. However, he soon regrets his decision to bring her to such a dangerous place and Manolito is desperate to protect his lifemate with everything that he is. He soon discovers, though, that she isn't quite as vulnerable as he first thought...

This is a pretty good book. It's a lot more sexual than I expected it to be - not that that's a bad thing! It's action packed and there are quite a few characters to remember, but I expect when I've read more by the same author their family tree will start to fall into place and it'll be easier.

If you like supernatural novels, then there's a good chance you'll already have read something by Feehan, but if not, then there's no reason why you shouldn't start with Dark Possession. It's action-packed, exciting and sexy - I'll definitely be reading more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot!, 14 Mar 2008
Mrs. J. Tatlow (South Wales) - See all my reviews
I've been addicted to the Carpathian series for a while now and have always enoyed the romance, but none of her other books have compared to this one for 'melt' factor. Last week a friend told me that female author's can't write good sex scenes - I'll be lending her this book and watching her eat her words!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Formulaic Feehan..., 2 Oct 2008
I'm surprised I'm the first to write a review. I bought this book ages ago.

I'm a great fan of Christine Feehan's Carpathians in the Dark series and have read all of them. I was very interested in this one because this was the first with a Black character in Mary Ann Delaney. We know this because it was mentioned in Dark Destiny with lots of 'coffee coloured skin' references. Absolutely fine because I wanted to know how Christine was going to deal with her.

So, starting from where we left off in Dark Celebrations, Manolito De la Cruz has been stabbed by a poisoned umbrella meant for the heavily pregnant Shea, and is hovering between life and death in a sort of in-between world. Mary Ann has been bitten once and so is pining for what, she doesn't know, but Mano still in communication with his brothers, ask them to protect her while he tries to make his way back to the land of the living.

The story is a good one but, I think, spends far too much time in the in-between world. We meet Mikhail's father and mother there - and a psycho brother who wants power. it's not as claustrophobic as many of the other books, as we meet many other characters, like the Jaguars people. Mary Ann's character doesn't develop as much as it should but, she does find out more about herself out there in the jungle. And when she does realise her 'attraction' to Manolito, things spice up rather nicely.

This one was slightly different from the others, in that involves werewolves and jaguars. Takes place in South America, which is fine because we're dealing with the De la Cruz brothers. (By the way, if they're originally from Romania, where did the 'De la Cruz' thing come from?). Christine's also changed the wording in the bonding ritual in this one. I always loved the words in the other books and suddenly it's different. Why?

It is a good read but this IS textbook Feehan. I still recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark posseession, 18 Jun 2014
Loved this read loved the characters and story lines can't get enough of this series can't wait to read the next book highly recommended this series

5.0 out of 5 stars its enjoyable i coud not put in down,, 24 Aug 2013
i have read almost all the books this one is one off the best, but I think they are all good

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark carpathian books, 2 April 2013
I love all of these dark carpathian books and have now got them all in paperback and on my kindle, I read them all the time

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Aug 2011
Love this book. Its a challenge for everyone concerned and one of my favorites of this series. Love an independant woman who has no need of a pursuing male. Seems more realistic as she has real things to take care of and cant go swanning off as some heroines do. He has to work hard!

Dark Possession: Number 18 in series ('Dark' Carpathian)
Dark Possession: Number 18 in series ('Dark' Carpathian) by Christine Feehan (Paperback - 7 Aug 2008)
7.19