5.0 out of 5 stars I'LL 'AVE THAT!
I adored this book as a child and would ask my Grandmother to read it over and over again.
The story of a burglar like nobody else can tell it. Bill spends his days sleeping and his nights as a master criminal burglar! He will steal anything, baked beans, a toothbrush, a basket!!! Until one night he picks up more than he bargained for!
This is definitely one for...
Published on 17 Feb 2006 by Ek Stewart

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what i expected
Kids werent as enthralled with it as with others perhaps say Julia Donaldsons books which keep them entertained for ages.
Published 19 months ago by C. Howcroft

5.0 out of 5 stars I'LL 'AVE THAT!, 17 Feb 2006
Ek Stewart "Book Explorer" (Newport, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This is definitely one for children of all ages. You and your child will laugh so much at the super silly Burglar Bill!

5.0 out of 5 stars the ahlbergs at their best, 14 Mar 2007
hillbank68 "almac1975" (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The story of Burglar Bill, Burglar Betty and the baby was a great favourite with my children 30 years and more ago, and it's still a great favourite now that the generation moves on. Burglar Bill is not at all alarming, just the opposite, and it's nice that he finds happiness with Burglar Betty in the end. The pictures are lovely and the text is simple,direct and kindly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful characterisation with a moral hidden in the story, 29 Jan 2002
We borrowed this book from a friend and it has not yet made its way back, in fact I'm here to buy another because we can't bear to let it go. There are few books I enjoy reading over and over but this is one of them. The characterisations are delightful and if you like to act (I do) are great fun to read with someone small next to you. Bill and Betty come quite naturally to realise the error of their ways and, importantly, make amends. The moral is there but it doesn't slap you round the face, after all no-one likes to be condescended to, least of all children. Bill, Betty and the baby are hilarious and their story surprising and very funny....we think this is a bit of a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!!, 17 Feb 2008
Claire (Cannock, Staffs) - See all my reviews
This book is one of the lasting memories of my childhood and luckily I still have the same copy from back then that I can now read to my own children. My youngest is 2 and she sometimes lacks the patience to wait for me to read all the text before jumping ahead to the next page but the charming illustrations enable her to have a good grasp of the story anyway. She loves the Burglar Cat and Burglar Baby.

It will always have pride of place on my bookshelf as it holds lovely memories for me and I hope my children look back on it with fondness in the years to come too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childrens classic, 2 July 2005
By A Customer
I read this book over and over again as a child and adored it. I am now buying a copy for a friend's baby son. Not too cutesy, just a wonderful innocent book. Every kid should have this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burglar Bill - Primary Six Review, 10 Nov 2009
Miss E. L. Prentice (Aberdeen) - See all my reviews
Burglar Bill is a funny fictional childrens book. The story focusses on Bill and his burglaring habbits. One night when Bill is out stealing he gets more than he wants. By the end of the story Bill sees the error of his ways and becomes an honest man.

We liked the bright funny illstrations throughout the book. One of our favourites is the babies nappy (towel) which looks like a big tennis ball after Bill changes it. We found this story silly and exciting in a funny way.

We would recommend this book to children and adults because we think it is a really fantastic story. This book has been out for a very long time and still remains a very popular story. Adults can read it to their children and grandchildren.

By Lori,Chloe B,Chloe G,Victoria,Jordan R and Jordan A.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Fabulous!, 4 Feb 2009
Sally (North West London) - See all my reviews
My Godparents bought me this book many, many years ago and it was a firm childhood favourite for my brother and myself. The catchphrases of that rascally Burglar Bill soon found their way into our families dialogue and private jokes and the story was told so often that I think we could all have recited it "off by heart".
Recently, when deliberating what to get my nieces for Christmas I had a flash of inspiration and heard the words `I'll ave that" resounding in my mind. It was instantly decided that I would share my love of this story with my nieces, and hoped too that my brother would enjoy sharing the story he'd also loved as a child with his children.
Success! My brother was thrilled and my nieces are already starting to repeat Bill's catchphrases with little looks of cheeky glee. This just goes to show that sometimes, the simplest and silliest of stories can survive the test of time and be loved generation after generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burglar Bill by Janet Ahlberg, 3 Dec 2006
My son loved this book. From an early age he'd ask for it to be read to him. I've bought this book for friends children, nieces and nephews and all have enjoyed it as much as my son when he was young. A lovely simple story with a morale that encourages interest in books and reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it's nice, 16 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Burglar Bill (Paperback)
I like this book because it's nice. It's funny and it's not scary, and it's happy. The characters are nice even though they're burglars. The pictures are colorful and the story makes me laugh, and it has a happy ending. We heard the tape at school and really liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless classic, 16 Aug 2013
Fantastic timeless story. My children never ever tire of hearing and reading this and always laugh out loud to '.....I'll have that.'

Burglar Bill