on 18 July 2005
This is a really great book to share with a 5 to 7 year old who has started asking big questions about our place in the world and the world's place in the universe. Unlike most other 'kid's cosmology' books which jump straight into the names of planets and lots of other facts, this book concentrates on trying to develop an understanding of the mind-boggling bigness of the universe by building up from relatively smaller things (like blue whales, mount everest, crates full of sun-sized oranges).
on 26 August 2011
The book uses some great comparisons, starting out small, and then making multiples of those 'things' to compare against the next things. Highly recommended for any child really. Even as an adult it really brings home the mind-bogglingly vast size of our universe! I think Douglas Adams summed it up best with "Space is big - really big - you just won't believe how vastly, hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."
on 7 March 2011
An Excellent Informative book. My daughter home schools our two Grandsons, and was pleased with the book and said It will be a good project for them to do. It Is very easy for them to read, and the pictures are brilliant, highly reccomended!
on 5 March 2016
My 4 year old son loves this book. We have a lot of books but none of them is so smart as this one. I am impressed.
on 26 June 2015
Fantastic book, both my kids; boy age 6 and girl age 10, loved this book.
Informative and fun.
on 27 January 2015
Great book, but such a rip off... It is SO tiny it is unreadable. I want my money back!!!!
on 30 March 2016
Great service, really good, thought provoking book.
on 3 July 2014
Wonderful book. Arrived in good time.