5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem!
Published on 15 Nov 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair
This book was a little advanced for my five year old daughter. Still good, so is being kept for another day.
Published on 1 Nov 2009 by D. Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem!, 15 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: How Did I Begin? (Hardcover)
This book explains genes, conception, pregnancy and birth in a sensitive yet light-hearted manner. The cartoons and illustrations, which abound on every page, make it a really fun book to read, grabbing the attention of young children. Everything your child is likely to ask you about the facts of life is covered this book. A really excellent find which has helped me enormously with my kids.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair, 1 Nov 2009
D. Edwards - See all my reviews
This review is from: How Did I Begin?: How Did I Begin? (i hero tyranno quest) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars An answer to my 7 year old's questions., 14 Mar 2010
Dm Drummond (UK) - See all my reviews
I thought my 7 year old was ready for this book as she has an enquiring mind and I also felt that SHE was ready for the information. I would advise reading it yourself first so that you can be prepared for the bit about the "special cuddle" which needed a bit of discussion time and promoted the response "Dad, did that to you!" Once you've explained that bit... the rest is a doddle!... The book explains very well and I thought that the pictures where easy to understand and follow. We really enjoyed it. Will re-visit it again in a little while. Friends have commented that they thought that she was too young for this information, the book gives it the issues an accurate framework using the correct terminology and we found it fun too! Great book for starters and the price is excellent!How Did I Begin?

5.0 out of 5 stars HOW DID I BEGIN?, 17 July 2009
P. A. Nicholl - See all my reviews
Really helpful aid to talk about "the facts" with children in a way that they understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boom for primary age, 19 Nov 2012
K. Owen - See all my reviews
Excellent book. I bought for my age 8 daughter who was asking further questions about how babies get into your tummy.

The book covered everything in a matter of fact way. She enjoyed the book and liked seeing the baby growing etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Open, honest and frank., 6 April 2006
By A Customer
I bought this for my daughter, along with Babette Cole's "Mummy Laid An Egg!" This is very informative and reads like a text book with cartoon illustrations. The information is a little too advanced for my 5 year old, in my opinion, so I'll stick with Ms. Cole's version for now, but in a couple of years time this book will be great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Matter of fact, without too much information, 17 Jun 2008
I bought this book for my 7 year old son who had been given some rather alarming stories at school about what sex was all about. I was concerned about it being too babish but the other books were a little too advanced for him. He read the book with his dad, and only one page focuses on what sex really is and refer to it more as a special cuddle. The rest is all very matter of fact and he related to it very well as I am heavily pregnant. The book cured the inquistive questions but explained things very well. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to dig too deep into the subject but wants to give a basic explanation to those difficult questions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginning to explain "Why I am I me?", 10 July 2010
My nearly 7 year old was asking philosophical and biological questions about why she was born, why is she not someone else and why is she in her body and not in another. I remember having these questions myself and feeling the enormity and excitement of it all. SO... Straight on to Amazon and got some fab books that I have shared with her and her 4 year old sister. This book particularly hit a chord with my younger daughter so I see it as a book that you could have in the house to tackle the area of reproduction from an early age.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for young children, 26 Sep 2013
This was described as suitable for my daughter's age group (5).
It's not........ There is one paragraph in particular that I have to miss out when reading it to my daughter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very informative maybe a little too much..., 30 May 2013
I was keen to read my daughter a story about how her baby brother got to be in my tummy. The book has lovely pictures in and seemed to be child friendly. However I felt that a couple of the explanations were a bit too informative, I skipped those parts when reading the story...

How Did I Begin?: How Did I Begin? (i hero tyranno quest)
How Did I Begin?: How Did I Begin? (i hero tyranno quest) by Brita Granstrom (Paperback - 22 April 2004)
6.68