Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 November 2013
Superb photos, good captions with sufficient information about the photo to inspire.Would reccomend this book to anone interested in landscape photograph.
on 16 November 2013
In isolation this is OK but going back to compare with earlier years one is struck by the similarities and, in particular, the perpetuating cliches of single trees, woodland in mist and converging trees seen from below, to name but a few. There don't seem to be the standout shots that occur each year with the Wildlife POTY, for example, which is a disappointment. Now I don't know whether this is a reflection of the entries or of the judging panel but I note that 5 of the 8 judges were on the panel last year and 3 of those 5 were there for 2010 (I don't have Collection 5 but I would not be surprised to see the same names in 2011). No doubt these are all worthy and distinguished people but maybe it is time for a wholesale change so that some life may be injected into this competition.
on 21 February 2014
I bought this for a very good friend for her birthday who loves photography herself and she absolutely loved it. I did have a little look before I wrapped it and it's filled with beauty. I think it is an inspiration to anyone who loves this planet to maybe start taking their own photographs whether of their own back yard or traveling. It's also a very classy book and screams quality.

I Recommend it.
on 4 December 2013
I have purchased this book from Volume 1, I find it brilliant.
There is every type of landscape photo in it, from the really strong ones to reeds in the mist.
As a keen amateur I find it a pleasure to look at, and for anybody interested in photography it is full of ideas.
on 31 January 2014
I bought the book after being to the exhibition twice. Fabulous photographs and interesting 'back stories' about how each photograph was taken and the camera settings used, so it's good for the viewer and good for the serious photographer. One little disappointment is that the exhibition pictures are very large so you can see much more detail when they are on the wall, some of which is lost from the smaller prints in the book. Really a petty niggle. For a photographer it's a must
on 16 February 2014
Lots of lovely images and photography to inspire. I did enter this year, but alas no joy. Might have to purchase previous versions too
on 9 March 2016
Landscape photographer of the Year: Collection 7 is a wonderful book, with some amazing images. The quality of the paper and print is very good and If I went just by the photos alone, this book would be 5 stars. What holds me back from giving this rating is that some of the images cover two pages, so the seam goes through the image, which is a pity. Saying that I would very much recommend anyone who is into landscape photography to take a look at this book.
on 6 January 2014
Yet another landscape photographer of the year, I always look forward each year to these now in it's 7th year, like all previous editions the photographs are excellent, a lot of reviewers say that this or that edition is better than the other, I don't believe that, they are all full of great photographs, even though you may see the same scene from one year to another it is just that bit different each edition, long may they continue.
on 14 January 2014
Bought as a present for my husband , who is enjoying reading it. (He has the previous 6 issues also) . As a keen photographer, he finds it quite inspiring and informative. However, he would prefer the technical info, currently given separately at the back of the book, to accompany the actual photograph, rather than having to keep referring back and forth, hence 4 stars and not 5.
VINE VOICEon 2 December 2014
These Landscape Photographer of the Year books serve two purposes. First of all they are a really good coffee table book that are easy on the eye and pleasant to browse through. Secondly they provide inspiration to photographers and give them something to aim high for with new ideas. I cannot think of anything that I do not like about them.