Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on 16 September 2014
Amazing book! Took my motorbike and spent about a week riding round Wales and right across England and back again. Used this book for all the planning and combined a lot of the rides, must've done all of or parts of 12 or more of them, fantastic! It gets five stars from me!! The instructions were easy to follow, no motorways and never got me lost. Lovely, winding well surfaced roads. The Brecon Beacon ones in particular!
on 2 September 2013
Some of these routes i think ive seen from from the magazine Ride, so its nice to see them in a nice compact book that you can take with you in your tankbag, instead of having tearouts from the magazines! Would of like to have seen more info on the maps like more food stops, B&Bs and fuel stops; represented by a small coloured symbol say.
Overall all though very happy with the book, especally for the price i paid!
on 11 October 2013
A well presented book that had clearly been well researched by the author. I have discovered some excellent routes locally using the book
on 1 August 2013
Good book this although it only has a few routes for each county/area & is more of a Tour of Britain kind of book. The routes in the book that I've used are Epic & exactly as described & I look forward to going further afield & trying as many routes as I can get to. Definitely a must have for this price.
on 6 April 2016
Very nicely done collection of rides with good commentaries. I particularly like that there there are local circuits plus long distance linear runs E/W and N/S. Will easily fold in half to fit tank bag with route showing (I think I will also see if I can "convert" some routes to Garmin format using BaseCamp to add to my Zumo). It would have had 5 stars but for what to me is a fundamental omission, namely there are no summary maps to locate the rides, neither on a regional nor national basis. So it's really difficult to quickly work out where any of the rides are or go or even potentially connect. That irritates me. The so-called "Locator Map" on page 207 doesn't serve any purpose I can think of! If I seem to be labouring this a bit it's because for me this "lack" of real "locator maps" spoils an otherwise excellent book
on 24 September 2015
I've owned many books of this sort and this particular one is not among the best. Firstly, it is sadly based on the premise that Britain, excluding Wales and Scotland, is essentially a boring country to ride in. So, instead of stimulating your curiosity, its tone is jaded and discouraging: I don't need a book to know that the Western Highlands and the Dolomites are more exciting than Cornwall. Sorely missing from its pages are tips on where to eat and sleep and most importantly, a couple of maps tucked into the back sleeve! In fact this is the first motorcycle guidebook that I own that comes without them. A missed opportunity: Britain is filled with exciting corners to discover.
on 5 June 2013
This book is what a true biker would like to do for a living, it is true to the writers description as I have been on a few of the rides, I hope the writers will write another book of British roads.
on 6 July 2013
have read simon's reports in ride mag.and he generaly talks sense, so thought i would give this book a try.
I've been round the highlands a few times and have rode most of the roads he recommended before I'd bought the book so i new his descriptions and surgestions were accurate having said that there are lots of great roads that have been missed, though to be fair it would have to be a very large book indead to cover everything.If youv' not been to an area this book will be a good starting point for planning.
I haven't rode many roads down south but when I do I'll be taking this book as a guide.
on 2 September 2013
allways looking for some where new to ride to and there are some very nice routes in this book cant wait to ride some of these in the future well worth a few quid .....
on 17 June 2013
It highlighted routes I may otherwise have overlooked, and enabled me to plan a very enjoyable route (well apart from last 20 miles) from Pemborokshie to central London. Ring Binder format works well for Tank Bag. Bizzarely despite apparently going miles out of my way to include some interesting routes I clocked 290 miles on what via car on Motorway is 260 miles anyway.

At the risk of making it too thick, some additional detail around some of the more complex junctions and/or biker friendly cafes.