5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource
Published 20 months ago by Brett H

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big - wrongly advertised
It was advertised as A4! therefore A3 is not a good alternative as it is awkward to handle in the car. not happy.
Published 19 months ago by Mrs Marion D Tibbitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, 18 Dec 2012
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Even with the advent of satnav, you still need a good, old fashioned paper map in the car for overall route planning and to identify sites of interest to visit along the way. This map does the job particularly well. We bought it prior to going on a two week trip, wandering around France, and part way through that holiday I can confirm that it does the job superbly. The three mile to one inch pages, which form most of this book, are sufficiently detailed that it is easy to find your way around, even off the main roads, where things can get rather complicated especially in France.

I really have only two criticisms. The first is that the first 15 or so pages, which are much smaller scale and cover the whole of France, do not have a white, unprinted section in the middle of the page where the spiral binding goes through. The result is that on occasion the binding distorts the map which has caused us problems. This is not the case with the rest of the book, where there is an unprinted border where the spiral binding goes through so I am not sure why this was not done with the summary pages. The other minor issue we have had is that the top and bottom of the binding do not prevent pages beginning to come off the spiral and in a small way that is beginning to happen with our book. I imagine with a lot of use this could become a real problem.

However, despite these minor shortcomings, I think this is an excellent book and certainly the best road map of France we have had - and over the years we have gone through quite a few.

4.0 out of 5 stars France for the Summers of 2013 and 2014, 12 April 2013
An updated version of my 2011 edition. However I didn't realise it was so big. Although it was stated that it was the 'easy read' version I did check in the detailed description text to clarify the size. It stated it was A4 so I ordered. After it arrived and I saw the size of it I checked again and the text still stated A4. I checked the text for another map (same series) and that also stated A4. It is clear to me that the text for the 'easy read' version has not been updated as it should have been. Sloppy work by somebody!

5.0 out of 5 stars Road Map, 24 Dec 2012
Mr. D. Reynolds "TBOL" (Devon England) - See all my reviews
Big graphics and very easy to read and use, just the job for in the car or for pre-planning at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars France Road Map, 28 Dec 2013
Just what I wanted, good scale and from my recent trip to France up to date and shows many new road developments

4.0 out of 5 stars Served its purpose well, 1 Mar 2014
Amazon Customer (The pretty countryside, Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
Used this on a recent holiday to France. We had satnav too, but this was great for a) checking that satnav was behaving and b) planning out the next day's journey. Great size - no need to squint! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Road Atlas, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: AA Big Easy Read France 2013 (Road Atlas) (Paperback)
Purchased the non spiral book. Although we have sat nav we needed a road atlas for route planning, and found this brilliant. Although was really surprised how thick and heavy it was, so may be hard to find somewhere to store it in the car. Detail is clear. Would definitely recommend it

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big - wrongly advertised, 7 Jan 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars WARNING A3 ROAD ATLAS, 20 Feb 2013
Good atlas but wrongly described as A4 -it is not it is a massive A3 one. OK if you have a big car!

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated my 2007 version, 24 Feb 2014
My earlier version was getting a little dog eared so I bought the latest version to make sure all the new roads were in there. It's big but the scale makes it very easy to use especially for anyone who finds it difficult to figure out just where abouts you are on the map

1.0 out of 5 stars Maps Incomplete, 29 Sep 2013
31 pages duplicated, 31 pages missing. Not much good for navigation! Item returned as requested by you for refund as item is no longer available.

AA Big Easy Read France 2013 (Road Atlas)
AA Big Easy Read France 2013 (Road Atlas) by AA Publishing (Paperback - 30 Nov 2012)
11.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available