on 12 December 2012
Lots of good information about British birds and their habits much more than just an identifier. Great size so easy to recognize the birds. We keep it on the kitchen table along with the binoculars and camera.
on 26 May 2014
I was given one of these books and use it regularly. On seeing it my daughter commented on what a good reference book it would be for her and her family. I purchased one and have seen it in regular use on my visits to her house.
The book compares several birds on one page making it easy for identification. Each bird has its own page as well but when I am trying to decide whether the bird is a jackdaw, a rook or a crow this proves very useful.
There are also clear pictures of insects, butterflies, flowers and small mammals commonly found in our gardens.