on 10 November 2011
The AA Hotel Guide 2012 is the third one I have purchased, the previous one's being 2009 & 2010. Overall the guide is easy to read and understand and of the hotels that I have visited as a result of my research, all have been accurate.
I do however have one thing I do not like about the new 2012 edition.
Previous editions were divided / categorized by county and this I found extremely helpful and easy to find a town that may be I hadn't visited before. The new edition is constructed alphabetically by town / village which is all good and well providing you know where all the towns / villages of the uk are. Quite often I look for a county I would like to visit and then research the towns within it, many of which I have never heard of. Now I need to research many pages of towns to establish which county they are in. There is no doubt if you have a town / village in mind, you can go straight to it, but otherwise its a bit of a trawl and quite frustrating.
on 12 May 2012
Clear, easy to navigate, but by no means comprehensive (is my perception). But then, how could it be? A shame that all hotels do not quote prices, since cost is such a factor in booking rooms - particularly in the UK, where it's so very expensive to stay in a hotel. On the budget side, there are oceans of print given over to Premier Inns. What are the criteria for entry in this guide?
on 24 February 2012
I bought the AA guide last year and this one this year to be quite honest is much worse, none of the Hilton Hotels are mentioned and many of the hotels which had been my favourites for many years and still going strong again are not mentioned.

A lot of the information is not even up to date and special stars are put along prices which are still 2011 so you're not even looking at 2012 prices in many cases, I don't think that that is a good thing in a product that is supposed to be 2012.

Many of the "better" hotels are not mentioned and only the very top hotels and then there's a big jump down to the 3 star. If I had known it was going to be as bad as this I would not have bought it. There's even some places which are called resident restaurants which only have 3 rooms but have a nice restaurant, I suppose it's better than calling them pubs because quite often public houses have got residential facilities. The AA has wasted their time publishing this very heavy tome, the inspectors have put their favourites on, but I doubt their ability to even do this. I think most of this has been put together with "mystery shoppers". Don`t waste you money this Guide is "Rubbish"
on 6 March 2013
Fantastic value, and nearly up-to-date. Although "used" copy appeared brand new. Very very pleased and have sorted out a holiday.
Thanks
on 7 September 2015
A great help.
on 12 November 2011
I am very pleased with the book purchased from Amazon.It is full of the information anyone would want to know. Also it was delivered and was packed very securely and arrived in three days. Very pleased.