5.0 out of 5 stars Caravan abd Camping guide 2011
This camping guide will be very usefull for my camping holidays in France and Italy, and having web sites make viewing the sitea usefull guide
Published 18 months ago by Olivia R

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useless
No maps overview or other wise. I want to decide where I want to go ( or go there ) and then look up what camp sites are in the area. Even using our own map you are expected to know which region of France you are in before you can try and find the town name you are looking for. Never got past this major design flaw to comment on the content.
Published on 24 Aug 2011 by LJo

5.0 out of 5 stars Caravan abd Camping guide 2011, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Caravan & Camping Europe 2011 (AA Caravan and Camping) (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useless, 24 Aug 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars AA Camping & caravanning 2011, 11 July 2011
B. S. Smith "brinesmiff" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the Alan Roger's guide, which in the past has been the bible of camping & caravanning in Europe, and I was very dissappointed. It is a pale shadow of what it used to be. I basically want to be able to look at a map & see where I am & what good campsites are in the vicinity & thus choose one to bed down for a night or two, not easily done with the Alan Rogers any more. So I opted to buy the old faithful that I bought when I first went camping in Europe 35 years ago, & nice & simple, you can look on a map at roughly where you are, pick a name on the map in that vicinity & look it up in the index of sites then go to the page it directs you to & read the low down. If I was to critisise I would say I personally would like a better detailed map, but that's nit-picking. The message to Alan Rogers is, why on earth change a format which was so successful for such a long time? mine's in the bin. Well done AA.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, 6 July 2011
Books are friends (Anywhere and Everywhere) - See all my reviews
This is a perfect example of how not to write a camping guide book. The book has no clear structure or key that might allow you to find camping sights in specific places. How difficult is it to create an index at the beginning of the book listing different areas with their specific camping grounds? In other words, if you find yourself in a certain country in a certain place and would like to know which camping sites are there you will spend less time driving around and looking for sign posts than actually searching in this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 28 July 2014
did not help at all

Caravan & Camping Europe 2011 (AA Caravan and Camping)
Caravan & Camping Europe 2011 (AA Caravan and Camping) by AA Publishing (Paperback - 2 Jan 2011)
9.67