4.0 out of 5 stars Ros
As with other AA Spiral Guides the information inside is concise,relevant and very informative. The layout with the spiral binding makes it user friendly and it is not too large to carry about.Unfortunately we forgot to pack our copy and really missed it!! we will continue to purchase these guides for future travels.
Published on 3 Dec 2009 by R. A. Murphy

2.0 out of 5 stars Good pocket size - but simplistic & limited
Published on 11 April 2012 by David Stranks

4.0 out of 5 stars Ros, 3 Dec 2009
R. A. Murphy - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars crete (AA spiral guides), 10 Mar 2010
This review is from: Crete (AA Spiral Guides) (Spiral-bound)
well written and researched. ideal guide to carry around and being spiral bound it is very easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything compacted into one little book..., 20 Jan 2010
J. Neilson "Jules the gardener" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We bought this book as a gift to someone else but before handing it over we had a quick peek through and were impressed by how clear and informative it was - a great little book for someone going on a 1-2 week trip and want the basics of where to go and what to see

2.0 out of 5 stars Good pocket size - but simplistic & limited, 11 April 2012
David Stranks - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crete (AA Spiral Guides) (Spiral-bound)
Nice size and lots of lovely pictures ... but the content was limited & simplistic in the extreme. Written in a very basic style (did the Minoans really live an ancient version of 'the good life'????) and definitely short of information about the places featured in it. OK - its an AA Guide ... so we weren't expecting the sort of detailed historical info you'd get from a Blue Guide, but to be honest we got much much more relevant and interesting stuff out of a 20 year old copy of the Rough Guide (poss a 1st edition) that we happened to have taken with us out of sentiment than this dumbed-down effort, which was purchased specially for our trip last week.
Overall pretty disappointing and wouldn't recommend at all - tho' it gets an extra star for the lovely pix.

5.0 out of 5 stars AA Spiral Guide to Crete, 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: Crete (AA Spiral Guides) (Spiral-bound)
I took a number of guide books with me to Crete but due to the great layout and ease of use I kept on coming back to the AA Spiral Guide. The book clearly splits the island into Iraklio (the capital), Central, Eastern, and Western Crete. There are suggested points of interest for each of these areas as well as the usual information on where to stay, eat, shop and be entertained. At the start of each section you will find 'Getting Your Bearings' pages very useful to planning. At the rear of the book you will find suggested walks and drives - just giving you that little bit extra.
Finally I should point out that by being a 'Spiral Guide' the book can be opened out flat without closing itself or damaging the spine as you would a book.
I would highly recommend this guide especially at the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars AA Crete Spiral Guide, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Crete (AA Spiral Guides) (Spiral-bound)
Book arrived in great condition just as described by the seller, thanks.

All looks good and info in the book looks vey informative so we will be trying this guide out when we go to Crete in the summer.

As I've mentioned with other guides, restaurant reviews seem pretty pointless since there are so many available that these guides can never get close to covering all those available, maybe I'm being a little bit cynical but I hope the guides are independant and are not listing "sponsored restaurants".

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of useful titbits - excellent value., 9 May 2011
Sarah Allen "Sassafras" (Wedmore, Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crete (AA Spiral Guides) (Spiral-bound)
I bought this because it was highly rated in the reviews & I have not been disappointed. We haven't had our trip to Crete yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing all the places that are so well described in this little book. Not much to add to all the positive comments already given in other reviews, but I do like that it's a good size for fitting in your pocket or bag and the way it lies flat when open. It's easy to read, sensibly organised with an excellent index, & is obviously written by someone who knows Crete extremely well and loves it. You feel like you're really getting insider knowledge, with tips and fun information, such as the best time to visit places, best routes, and funny anecdotes about the owners of cafes etc. One of the best travel guides I've used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 July 2014
Excellent guide book!

1.0 out of 5 stars this guide, 13 Oct 2010
This review is from: Crete (AA Spiral Guides) (Spiral-bound)
simplistic and uninformative ( I'd say even for a child!)unfortunately one is oblidged to rate though undeserved ! !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 10 Feb 2009
Mrs. Lj Cox - See all my reviews
The guide book was exactly as I had expected - expertly packed, promptly delivered. Great service.

Crete (AA Spiral Guides)
Crete (AA Spiral Guides) by Mike Gerrard (Spiral-bound - 2 Jan 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01