on 24 April 2012
Funnily enough this book actually helped me to pass my Amazon grad scheme numerical reasoning tests! I was really not very good before, kept failing all my numerical tests. As soon as I worked through this book I passed every single one I had to do. Each time I have one I just revisit the last section of the book (which is 15 long questions) and it seems to really work. It helped me so much! Breaks down all the calculations so you really get used to them before you move onto the longer questions. It's all basic GCSE stuff, but with age I forgot how to do all the sums quickly. REALLY recommend this book!!
on 24 February 2013
This book is fantastic if you are preparing for a numeracy test. having not done any maths since GCSE level and really panicking about doing a numeracy test for a graduate level, this really really helped go through the basics and offered lots of practice questions. But if you are looking for a guide to help with a numerical reasoning test this is not for you.
on 1 November 2011
I'm a recent university graduate who bought this book as I failed the Barclays numerical test. The other popular numerical reasoning book had a low rating on amazon so decided to plump for this one. The book is very concise, easy to read and has brought back everything I learnt back in my GCSES but in a much more practical form. I've yet to know if it truly serves it purpose yet as I haven't yet sat another numerical test but I'm much more confident in my my own abilities and also less anxious about what to expect now than I was before I had purchased this book.
on 5 January 2014
It definitely is something that will sharpen up your mental mathematics skills however I found that it only made me sharper in maths rather than directly contributing to my skills at numerical reasoning tests.
on 11 April 2012
100% accurate (I found no mistakes). Covers fractions/decimals, percentages, data interpretation etc. A good number of test questions after each section. Very useful for middle management psychometric tests.
on 13 April 2013
Just check if the tests you will be taking permit the use of a calculator as this book assumes all workings have to be manual. Your HR should be able to tell you. So for manual workings it's OK however remember most tests give you a limited time frame so practising with a calculator is a good idea!
on 25 October 2013
Great Advice, easy to work with and overall helped me through my graduate applications. I would recommend this book to anyone.
on 7 May 2012
I haven't done maths since A levels about 10 years ago and this book has really helped get my brain back into numerical thinking. It's really easy to follow and all the explanations are clear. Very, very useful.
on 22 February 2016
Bought a at a bookshop, not on Amazon. Found the quality to be very disappointing- author doesn't seem to be a mathematician, the questions were poorly worded. Didn't help my confidence or ability at all.
on 11 May 2015
Great book. At 40+ I recently had to sit the advanced numeracy test ...I failed!
Well it had been 20 years. I read this in a day and did the practise questions. I passed the resit with flying colours 😊