5.0 out of 5 stars How to master drug calculations
Published on 19 Feb 2008 by J. Johnson

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
Just one chapter available. I am very frustrated and I think everyone should know before purchasing this item. Never again !
Published 1 month ago by Pen Name

5.0 out of 5 stars How to master drug calculations, 19 Feb 2008
J. Johnson "johnno" (uk) - See all my reviews
This book starts with the absolute basics and takes the reader through simple arithmetic problem solving and measurements. This is the basis for the calculation of drugs within a nursing environment and without this knowledge it would be impossible to calculate drugs. I found this particularily informative as simple omissions made at this stage could cause a major drug claculation error.

Chapters 4&5 introduced me to calculation of drugs and the different routes, followed by drug administration, particularily useful were the abbreviations that will be seen on the wards.

The mock tests at the end of the book are invaluable and will be used as a tool for renewing and updating knowledge through my training as a Paediatric Nurse.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great book a must have!!, 19 Feb 2008
I only recieved my book two days ago and already i've improved. If your not good at maths or just haven't practiced in a while then this is the book for you it's brilliant. This book is a book that every student nurse or even nurse should have!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, practical and essential for Student Nurses, 16 Feb 2009
CjW "chris" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Brilliantly explained, well laid out, good worked examples and essential for all students who are not natural born mathematicians.

Ideal for students practising drug calcs and as a prod in the brain for mature students out of practice with basic maths.

I liked it as a learning reference, practice aide and reminder of the correct process even when qualified.

Good to have the reference material available at all times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 17 May 2009
A. Dines (Aberdeenshire) - See all my reviews
I really struggle with maths but one of my lecturers recommended this book. It has helped me overcome my fear of maths in relation to drug calculations. It starts of with a numeracy test, so you can test your level of ability and then moves on to review basic arithmetic skills. The way the author clearly explains each step of the sum helped me to understand how to do it. The following section moves on to applying arithmetic skills to drug calculations. I actually got full marks in a drug calculations test recently at uni and I'm sure this book gave me the skills and confidence I needed to achieve this. I have bought other nursing calcuation books in the past but none explain things as simply as this one. It was also very reasonably priced at 6.74. Well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!!!, 15 Jun 2010
E. Hall (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book a few weeks before my uni interview and found it really helpful. It starts by going back to basics with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, then shows you how to read drug cards etc with a list of common abbreviations. There are also loads of mini tests to practice on. I would recommend this book to anyone but in particular those just starting out whose maths is a little rusty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Nursing Calculations Book, 12 Mar 2008
Ms. Sharon Burnett "studylikemad" (England, Uk) - See all my reviews
This book is a must have for all student nurses,it has all the basics to apply to everyday calculations. This will gain a student nurse or returning nurse to their profession who needs that bit of extra help with Maths. The Mock Tests are very useful to see how much you are gaining the knowledge within the book. This is a step by step book which i have found very helpful in my studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome math calculations made supper simple, 18 Oct 2009
D. Maxwell (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my daughter who started nursing school, somehow she had in her mind that calcuations would be difficult as she never shared a passion for maths. The book is brilliant! Takes you step by step through ''how to'' and if you need a brush up for remedial, it walks you through this process as well. I would highly recommend this book to any nurse or nursing student.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for student nurses, 15 April 2009
Miss F. J. Turner (London, England) - See all my reviews
Testing Series: How to Master Nursing Calculations: Pass Numeracy Tests and Make Sense of Drug Dosage Charts: 40 This book clearly explains the basics before moving on to more complex questions. It assumes no prior knowledge. It shows example questions and answers and then offers a series of tests which you can work through at your own pace. The answers are in the back of the book. I would recommend this book to all student nurses or access to nursing students. It helped me to pass my maths tests with confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable aid for student nurses, 29 July 2011
I bought this to help me refresh my basic maths in preparation for the university entry tests for Children's Nursing. It was 27 years since I'd done my Maths O Level, so I was rusty to say the least! This book is fantastic. I believe it is the reason I passed my course entry test. Following an initial test to see what level you are currently at, it leads you step-by-step through the essential numeracy needed for Nursing pre-qualification courses. (Addition;Subtraction;Multiplication;
Division;Fractions;Decimals;Percentages). The rest of the book deals with the Drugs Calculations required during your degree course and will be of great use later on in my education. This book represents great value and is a maths-phobic friendly resource! It was better than any Maths teacher I had at school.

5.0 out of 5 stars nursing calculations, 22 Sep 2010
An excellent book which starts with the very basics and advances onto more testing calculations as you work your way through. There are tests throughout the book which I found very useful and of course the answers are in the back should you come unstuck!

ARRAY(0xae9402a0)

How to Master Nursing Calculations: Improve Your Maths and Make Sense of Drug Dosage Charts
9.09