5.0 out of 5 stars Without Doubt the Very Best Book on this Subject !!, 9 Oct 2012
Geoff "Geoff" (Christchurch, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Retail Champion: 10 Steps to Retail Success (Paperback)
I could most probably write pages and pages on the virtues of this book but I would rather get to the point...this is without doubt the very best book you can lay your hands on if you are....thinking of opening....wanting to open or especially if you are in the process of opening a shop, store or any form of Retail Outlet.

I would even recommend it to anyone involved in this type of business, even if you think you know everything !

I've been in Retail is some shape or form for thirty years and I'm in the process of opening my first Independent Retail outlet, now having Managed for the likes of Jaeger, Aquascutum, Whitbread , BT ...I thought I knew most things about Retail but this book and the excellent support I have received from Claire (a rarity from any author these days ) has given me a precise and specific plan I can use from my initial thoughts to opening a Business right through to the day to day running of the Store itself.

This book has become my 'Bible' over the last couple of months...it has helped me create an sturdy and solid Buying Plan , helped me create a 'Range Construction' and perhaps most importantly it has filled in all the little gaps that could have become large cracks had I not been made aware of them.

I have taken the book with me to Italy buying and have stuck to the plan it outlines and helps me create and in this alone I have saved over 3000 , so forget the cost ...as this book is as essential as anything else I come in contact with on a daily basis such as Accountants , Bank Managers and consultants of any description...don't do as I did originally and as perhaps we all do and think you can go it alone and save a few 'Bob" ..Buy this book today and have a very good friend working with you every step of the way !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Sep 2013
I saw Clare Rayner at an event in Pembrokeshire, South Wales and bought her book at the end of the meeting. I feel that anyone who owns a retail shop should buy this book it is amazing and so informative. Once you have bought the book you can also download a lot of very useful information and resources. Definately 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book i've read in years, 18 Mar 2013
This book is practical and clear.I have purchased and read many books on retail but this one beats them all.The layout is fantastic.Whether you have been running a business for a while or you are thinking of setting up, this is a good investment.I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential read for a start-up, 6 Nov 2012
This book really tackles the key issues of what you need to consider when formulating your retail strategy. I have found myself referring back to it on several occasions; it's an invaluable book for any start-up business to have in its bookcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Practical & Straghtforward, 10 Oct 2012
Clare has produced a book that is easy to read and digest, with practical advice for running a successful retail business. It is particularly good for start ups as unlike other books that lack granularity this one actually explains the steps and methodology for pulling together the content of a business plan and helps you develop a comprehensive checklist. It's hands on, straight forward advice that is easy to follow which increases your level of confidence in taking the leap into retail entrepreneurship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Critical info at a critical time, 5 July 2012
Retailers are certainly not having an easy time of it right now, so it's good to see some qualified advice emerge - this book breaks down the areas retailers will need to tackle if they are to make their business more efficient, in a clear, easy-to-read format. It'll take a good amount of discipline to implement many of the steps recommended by Clare, but, as a theoretical guide to taking retail performance to the next level, I believe it would be an incredibly useful tool if used correctly.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute 'Must read' for anyone in business, 17 Feb 2014
This is an absolute 'must read' not only for retailers but for anyone in business, the same rules apply! Clare has laid down the clear and concise foundations for success in her book '10 Steps to Retail Success' all that is needed, is for the retailer or business owner to put them into practice. An invaluable tool which can be referenced time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable resource!, 12 Sep 2012
A great book for anyone planning a retail business. Very well segmented and a great resource when planning a business. I felt much more reassured after reading, and developed a list of lists! The Retail Champion: 10 Steps to Retail Success

5.0 out of 5 stars Lively retail advice, 10 July 2012
Clare Rayner is a feisty and interesting expert when it comes to talking about retail issues and getting the most out of businesses. So it's no surprise that her book The Retail Champion is a lively and useful read. It'll be most useful for you if you're about to start a business or are already running one. But it also offers an insight to the general reader too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Practical, 30 Jun 2014
I read this book because I was doing a project with a number of Independent retailers. I think if you are planning to go in to retail you should read this book. Well written, practical and implementable advice.

The Retail Champion: 10 Steps to Retail Success
The Retail Champion: 10 Steps to Retail Success by Clare Rayner (Paperback - 3 July 2012)
22.49