5.0 out of 5 stars This book works.
Published on 11 May 2011 by MR T E BUTTERWORTH

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book for bosses
THIS IS USEFUL IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH EMPLOYEES, OR ANYONE REALLY. IT GIVES YOU DIRECT INFO ON THE BEST STRATEGIES TO USE FOR THOSE DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE.
Published 19 months ago by Sfinn

5.0 out of 5 stars This book works., 11 May 2011
This review is from: Dealing with Difficult People (Creating Success) (Paperback)
I actually bought this book at WHSmith in Sheffield Meadowhall a few months ago after a really tricky week contending with a real workplace bully. At the time of reading, the book gave me some solace insofar as it equipped me spiritually and psychologically with a range of tools, though to be honest I really thought it was all too late. Then, just in the last few weeks, the exact same thing happened again with the exact same person. Needless to say, I was very quick to put my new learning into play. And the result? A triumph! Do not despair: they may well be among us, but on the other hand you are not alone.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone currently experiencing workplace difficulties. I also do agree with other reviewers in that you do have to take a good look at yourself when reading around the different character types and ways in which people respond to one another. Early on, the book actually suggests not being read cover-to-cover, but if I hadn't done that I wouldn't have had all the strategies I needed up my sleeves and at my fingertips.

Well worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, concise, well-organised and entertaining, 10 Nov 2010
I like books that are concise and to the point. This is an excellent example of a reference book that doesn't beat around the bush. It's very well organised in short chapters that you can read as needed. As for the content, it is casually written and offers great advise for a variety of cases. I wouldn't use the exact quotes the author provides however, since I find them too dry for my liking, but they are very useful in getting the message across and can be used as a starting point. Overall, this is a nice little book I have already recommended to all my colleagues to teach them how to deal with me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says on the tin!, 21 Aug 2012
This book's title is self explanatory: dealing with difficult people on a constructive way is a challenge to us all at some point. I bought this book after being told that it may make me more assertive as I am the sort of person who apologises to you when you bumped into me!
It dwells upon diffusion rather than inflammation: this approach I found very helpful. However unlike some popular psychology books it does accept that some people refuse to be pleased or placated. I would welcome a follow up volume in how to cope with ones own bodily reactions to the extremely nasty individuals who seem to dominate society!
All in all a very worthwhile read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A big success, 15 Feb 2013
A very detailed but easy to understand look at the various people and issues encountered in the workplace and how to deal with them effectively and calmly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whether you are in the people business, or the corporate jungle!,, 14 Oct 2012
This book conveys some good principles for dealing with conflict, difficult people and challenging situations. It is quite an easy read and a helpful reference book for developing your interpersonal skills, whether you are in the people business, or just trying to negotiate you way through the corporate jungle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book for bosses, 19 Nov 2012

Dealing with Difficult People (Creating Success)
Dealing with Difficult People (Creating Success) by Roy Lilley (Paperback - 3 Jan 2010)
Used & New from: 7.42