4.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and practical book
I got all three books in this series and was delighted with how they all covered aspects of writing which tended to be lacking as I grew up. I found this first book to be a wake up call for people like me of the importance of getting your communication right. It was easy to read and full of useful tips with check lists to go back to.
Published on 5 Oct 2009 by D. P.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but basic advice
I ordered this product in the hope that it would help with my Business English tutoring, but it was a disappointment in the sense that it did not provide clear, easy to follow writing frames. However, I could see that the basic advice which was offered in this book would be most useful for Business English learners at an Elementary to Intermediate level.
Published on 27 Sep 2009 by J. Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, doesn't leave my desk, 12 Jun 2011
This review is from: Better Business English: How to Write Effective Business English: The essential toolkit for composing powerful letters, emails and more, for today's business needs.: 1 (Paperback)
I originally picked up this book when looking for advice on how to improve my CV and covering letter based on a recommendation. I've since found my dream job - being commended on my powerful covering letter! - and find it is an essential tool when communicating at work. This book has for example helped me write shorter, more concise emails, get to the point more quickly and get the responses that I want. The book is always at my desk and I never give it out of hand.
I recently found out that the author, Fiona Talbot has a consultancy and offers workshops for companies where they train to communicate more effectively as a team but also as a company with the market, and I am now getting approval to hire her for the team. Absolute must read and my thanks to the author for helping me with my English writing!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disapointed, 10 May 2011
I lost interest while reading the book. I purchased an other book in the same subject which I found better.