5.0 out of 5 stars An essential read
I had to learn about digital marketing in connection with my job as office manager. The book lay on one side of my desk for a couple of weeks, a constant reminder of a dreaded task ahead. Dreaded, because although I work with computer technology and the internet every day of the week, I have no interest in the working behind the machine and the www whatsoever...
Published on 12 Aug 2010 by H. O'Sullivan

3.0 out of 5 stars good for beginners
good, easier to read than most, covers the basics and fundamentals, worth it if you are new to digital or a small business looking for clear explanations.
Published 24 months ago by sreece

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential read, 12 Aug 2010
H. O'Sullivan (Co. Kerry, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation (Hardcover)

Eventually, I had to force myself to sit down and study this book, and who would have thought it, I studied it within a matter of a couple of hours. God help me, I even enjoyed it.

Having re-read relevant chapters of the book several times since, I really do consider this volume an essential read for anyone with responsibilities for a company's internet marketing campaign. Even if the company you own or work for is engaging full-time staff (in-house or outsourced) for website maintenance, online marketing campaigns etc, this book will provide you with the knowledge to assess whether those people are doing their job well. In the case of our company, the enlightenment gained from this book prompted us to change our marketing consultants, and we're much better off for it!

Not only did I find this book thoroughly informative, it was also very easy for me as layperson to understand the contents of the various chapters and - truth be told - it made for a very enjoyable read.

I couldn't recommend this book more highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars What everyone in Marketing needs!, 10 Dec 2008
Allison Mcclean "A. McClean" (Amsterdam, Holland) - See all my reviews
Having studied Marketing 13years ago, and having progressed with the changes in the business, this certainly is a great book for anyone new or old, that works in this industry. Informative, and educational, i had forgotten a few things, and picked up a few others (and impressed some co-workers in the process). Certainly a great read for those of us who intend to be the best in our career.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal For Small Business Owners/Marketeers, 26 April 2009
D. Mcritchie (Belfast) - See all my reviews
If you have heard plenty about the success of the digital marketing (and maybe understand the basics of a few areas) but have never developed a web strategy then this book is ideal.

It offers an overview of all the major digital marketing techniques, from websites straight through to social media. Each section offers insights on strategy and tactics and provides a foundation from which to develop your e marketing strategy. While it does not offer very detailed/specific instructions on how to most effectively utilize each technique (which I'm sure made it more readable/understandable and prevented me from getting lost) it provides an opportunity to work out which digital areas suit your business best (the majority of times it does provide links to other sources for more info).

While this book is useful for people in businesses both big and small the end of chapter examples focus only on big businesses with big budgets. Coming from an SME background this was frustrating and is the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars.

A great book all round. Thanks Damian and Calvin.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for beginners, 19 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Dec 2008
F. McLaughlin - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic book that for the first time brings together everything we have learned about how to use the internet as a marketing tool over the past 15 years - explaining mechanics, busting myths and providing a 'how-to' guide to doing it well. Damian and Calvin deserve a medal; every business that has ever struggled to understand how to use the internet to grow their business should buy this book immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!, 6 Mar 2013
Excellent read, and clearly set out to understand the throught process. Wouldn't hesitate in recommending the book for those wanting to understand the simple concept and basics of Digital Marketing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have received the book in 24 hours, in a perfect condition!, 23 Sep 2011
I have received the book in 24 hours, in a perfect condition, like brand new! I was expecting it to arrive sometime next week, as it normally takes up to 5 days, and just so pleased at the moment with especially its condition. Looking forward to start reading. Thank you!

ARRAY(0xa6d92fa8)