5.0 out of 5 stars The best and most common sense sales book
I have been in sales for many years and was looking for a book to reiterate and back up my own sales methods with a new business of a beauty salon. This book is the most sensible and down to earth one of this type.

Published on 17 Mar 2008 by Sally Wilton

3.0 out of 5 stars A good book with lots of sensible advice
Published on 20 April 2009 by William Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars The best and most common sense sales book, 17 Mar 2008
Sally Wilton "Sally" (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Selling to Win (Paperback)

Not only does it go over the tried and trusted methods but there are some great new ideas I had not thought of. For example checking out newspapers and magazines for accolades and then writing in to congratulate the person, thanking people for their business and a brilliant idea of advertising a second hand sewing machine for sale with a box number and then calling those people to sell them a new one.

Above all this book teaches self reliance regarding sales and makes sure that the reader understands that excuses are not acceptable. Politeness, friendliness and of course enthusiasm are paramount and this book should be recommended reading for anyone with a business.

As is says in the book 'Show me a successful person and I will show you a great salesperson'

Fantastic book, get one for all your employees now and dont lose out in business.

Sally Wilton (Managing Director Staff 2000 Ltd)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good book with lots of sensible advice, 20 April 2009
William Cohen (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Selling to Win (Paperback)
I have been reading some books on selling recently. This was a pleasant book, written in a down-to-earth style which had lots of good tips. It did a feel a little dated at times, and I object to Mr Denny's claim to be the most inspirational... and the best...it's very 1980s (I checked out his website, too). To say this is "The best book ever written on selling." is a sentiment I would challenge.

Robert Cialdini's book, Influence is much better - though it is not a manual but an expose. I also enjoyed Tom Hopkins', How to Master the Art of Selling (though that, too is dated).

I applaud the attitude and style of this book, and Denny's good at mixing in personal stories, but the anecdote about Thomas Edison inventing lightbulb has become so commonplace, that the last page made me groan. Time for the publisher to commission the best book on selling in the 21st Century!

5.0 out of 5 stars Selling to Win, 28 Dec 2007
This review is from: Selling to Win (Paperback)
For anyone who is in the field of selling this book is THE one to read. It has helped me to get a fantastic job with a global agricultural machinery manufacturing company and if I hadn't read this book I certainly would have less chance of getting the position. It is inspiring, helpful, idea generating and a superbly put together book. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is comtemplating a career in selling, and also those who are currently selling and think that they are the best in their field, the only time they will be ahead of the competition is when they have read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever written on selling, 6 Jan 2009
Niklas Sundberg (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Selling to Win (Paperback)
This is on of the bst books that I have read regarding "selling." In my profession as a computer consultant I don't work much with sales but I was interesting in finding out what makes a professional sales person.

This book is very thorough and it covers a lot of important aspects of the process when making a sale. It is no wonder that the book has been renowened as: "The best book ever written on selling." I strongly recommend anyone who works with sales to pick up a copy of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars common sense plus insight, 7 Feb 2009
Bob Black (Corby Northants UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Selling to Win (Paperback)
I bought this at a motor service station to read on a journey. I thought that it was so good that I bought it for the sales team that I manage who have put it to good effect. The book is easy to read, full of common sense and practical pointers. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best book i ever read on selling, 6 Aug 2009
This review is from: Selling to Win (Paperback)
so simple and yet so true to any person in sales.
having been in selling for years, i can say these are basic principles that will last a long long time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great No Nonesense Book, 23 Jan 2009
L. Dowd (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Selling to Win (Paperback)
A very well-written no-nonsense book. I found it very helpful
and concise. Refreshingly non PC too.

Selling to Win
Selling to Win by Richard Denny (Paperback - 3 Feb 2006)
Used & New from: 0.01