5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out Loud Funny, 22 Jun. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Irish Male at Home and Abroad (Paperback)
This has to be the funniest book I have ever read. I was reading this whilst away on business sitting in a beer garden drinking wine in a beautiful sunny Wales. At first I started to giggle to myself and then lauging and eventually I had tears streaming down my face with laughter, other customers were so curious to know what I was reading that I believe at least 9 more people have gone and bought the book since. This book is very funny and one I can relate to (although I'm Scottish), if Billy Connoly were to write a book based on his stand-up show, this is what I would expect to read. Joseph O'Connor is a very talented writer and I cannot wait to read his other books. Thoroughly recommended if you have a good sense of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, poignant and political, 17 Aug. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Irish Male at Home and Abroad (Paperback)
I'd recommend this book on the strength of the Archer interview which would have to be one of the funniest pieces of writing I've read. O'Connor is also capable of some extraordinarily poignant writing without becoming mawkish - the importance of Boomtown Rats to a kid in a family falling apart had me on the verge of tears (well almost). Smart, witty and savvy writing that only the meanest soul could not enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurting sides, 15 Oct. 2010
Jo Bennie (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Irish Male at Home and Abroad (Paperback)
With a great black sense of humour and deep sarcasm, O'Connor's observations for his column for the Irish Times on his experiences both at home and whilst travelling are side hurtingly hilarious.

The Irish Male at Home and Abroad
The Irish Male at Home and Abroad by Joseph O'Connor (Paperback - 14 Oct. 1996)
Used & New from: £0.01