5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic and fascinating page turner.
Published on 29 April 2000 by OllyOctopus

2.0 out of 5 stars Ellie
I like quite a few of lesley pearse books, may faveourites being Hope and Never look back. But this book was disappointing. Its ok to read, but doesnt hold my interest or attention. I have given up on it half way through. And it was a struggle to even get that far!
Published on 6 Sept. 2011 by rose

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic and fascinating page turner., 29 April 2000
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
I have read "Charity" and "Camelia" before "Ellie". The most interesting element of This book is the fact that it intertwines with "Camelia" and has some of the same characters at a younger age. Read "Camelia" first otherwise you will be told all the secrets in "Ellie" and this will spoil "Camelia" for you. "Ellie" is a very exciting and warm hearted novel with wholly believable and endearing characters. It has some heartrending descriptions of the Blitz, but without being nauseous. I love the descriptions of the shows. Best of all are the believable and fascinating friendships. Well done, Lesley Pearse. I have become a big fan. Keep writing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
Another brilliant book written by Lesley Pearse. The story interacts with "Camellia", which I read before reading this book and I would recommend reading "Camellia" first as this story tells of the characters when they were younger.

Like all of Ms Pearse's other novels, you get really involved, especially during the wartimes. Looking forward to reading many more of her books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ellie - Lesley Pearse, 9 Aug. 2005
Diana (South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
I loved this book, I started on Camellia and because there is such a great twist at the end of Camellia, I was hooked on buying Ellie and reading it as it inter- relates to Camellia.
My advice is to read Camellia first and then Ellie otherwise Ellie tells u too much. I am dying to read Charity next and must get myself down to a bookstore. My friend Jo, suggested Camellia as she could not put the book down and now we are both avid Lesley Pearse Fans!!
Well Done a great Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Greaty Impressed!, 3 Dec. 2005
A. White "Eternal-41269" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
The 1st book I read by Lesley pearse was Charity, which I loved, I had heard that her books can be repetative so didnt go out straight away and get another. I'm so glad that I went and brought Ellie though, even though I not usually a fan of "real life" and am more of a fantasy girl!
True that theres simalaties about the books, but its all so different at the same time and these really dont matter at all. The story is THAT involving and leaves you wanting more, you can really feel for the two girls in this book and the people around them.
I don't think it could ever be a classic but its certainly something every fan of books in this era should have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 11 Feb. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
This is the first Lesley Pearce book I've read and it was fantastic! I found myself reading at 2 in the morning and not wanting to go to sleep! I've read a lot of books in my time and this was the best! So far anyway! I haven't read her other books yet! I'll read the sequel Camellia next, then Charity, then Charlie, not forgeting Tara...

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle book, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Ellie (Kindle Edition)
Great read. Lesley Pearce writes a great story. Keeps you riveted right to the end. I love her books x

2.0 out of 5 stars Ellie, 6 Sept. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 11 Feb. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
This is the first Lesley Pearse book I've read and it was fantastic! I found myself reading at 2 in the morning and not wanting to go to sleep! I've read a lot of books in my time and this was the best! So far anyway! I haven't read her other books yet! I'll read the sequel Camellia next, then Charity, then Charlie, not forgeting Tara...

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical glamour romance at its best, 16 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
This book was really excellent, the plot was entertaining, sad, touching and I really engaged with the two main characters. The front cover makes the book look abit trashy, I felt, or like a holiday read but the narrative was really clever and sophisticated. This is the 2nd book I have read by Lesley Pearse and I think she is a really excellent writer, and I came really envolved with this book.

If you like historically romance and glamour then I would really recomend you read this.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome book, 27 Jun. 2006
Y. Olaoye "book worm" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ellie (Paperback)
this is the first book written by lesley pearse that i have read and it was an awesome book. it was a book that caused me to feel a range of emotions from sadness to happiness. some parts of the book made me laugh and some just made me burst into tears. the characters in the book had so much depth it made me wish they were real people. it is such an easy read i cant wait to read other books by lesley pearse.

Ellie
Ellie by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 7 Oct. 1996)
Used & New from: £0.01