4.0 out of 5 stars A nice addition
A good companion to the first series, letters from the various members of the cast to other members of family and friends. They give just a little more insight to the characters make up.
Published 2 months ago by mayanguy

3.0 out of 5 stars If you loved the show, you will love this.
Published on 5 Mar 2012 by Serendipity Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars If you loved the show, you will love this., 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Northern Exposure: Letters from Cicely (Paperback)
If you used to love watching Northern Exposure then you will really enjoy this book. Written in epistolary format, you get to read all the letters the familiar residents send out to their families and friends around the world. For two months, the letter writing increased dramatically when the town found themselves continually awake for three months. No tiredness or need for sleep at all; every day running 24 without the hint of a yawn, creating extra time to do all the things they ever wanted to do.

At first the residents enjoy their extra hours awake, but as time progresses they become like caged rats, all arguing and completely fed up with the sight of each other.

Now I have spent the last couple of days since finishing this book trying to establish whether the events described in this book are actually possible and I can honestly say I haven't been able to discover the truth. If anyone can enlighten me about sun spots and how they affect us, I would be really happy to discuss them.

One of the letters fascinated me, as it was written to Steve Jobs. Now bear in mind this book was written in 1992, it was astonishing to read about Steve Job's intention for computers and tablets (better known as Ipads now) to be an integral part of family life. I find it astounding to look at the present to see how his idea became reality.

I enjoyed reading the book, it was lovely to see the character's true natures shining through in their letters. In my head, I could hear them reading the letters aloud. It really was nostalgic, to step back into the 90's and visit with such familiar faces. My only niggle was that I had to keep looking at the end of each letter to find out who had written it.

For me, this was truly a comfort read that took me back to a series I used to really love watching. For any big Northern Exposure fans, I highly recommend this book. It will have you reaching for the DVD's of the series to watch them all over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice addition, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Northern Exposure: Letters from Cicely (Paperback)

Northern Exposure: Letters from Cicely
Northern Exposure: Letters from Cicely by Ellis Weiner (Paperback - 19 Mar 1992)
Used & New from: £0.01