5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - it really did change my life!
Published on 16 April 2004 by Sunil

3.0 out of 5 stars A very Good Read
This book is quite good and is full of many different life experiences of how people, when they put their mind to it, can reach any given goal in life. I found the book very uplifting and especially stimulating in a positive "thinking by doing sense".

Hence, I would recommend it.
Published on 26 Feb. 2011 by Quality Counts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - it really did change my life!, 16 April 2004
Sunil (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: You Can If You Think You Can (Personal Development) (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me by a friend who received it as a Christmas gift. When I bought this book, I was going through a period of being very negative, both at work and at home. I was very cynical and didn't think that my life would change after reading one book ... how wrong I was. Dr Peale really puts life into perspective and makes you realise that there are no magic formulas but everything you need to be a positive person in right there in your head. There are lots of stories which lift you up and make you realise how lucky you are relative to others and they give you the confidence to believe in yourself and the confidence to change your life. He makes it very clear that if you want to change your life, it is up to YOU to change it - if you don't like something in your life the do something about it. He states lots of very simple and abvious things about life that are too easy to forget when you're in a rat race. At the end of each chapter he summarises the main learning points. He does talk about religion a bit, but this is not in any way preaching - he even says that you should take what you want from the comments about religion and ignore what you don't want. My attitude to life really has changed after reading this book (I can't believe I am writing this!) - I will not let my mind be polluted with negative thoughts, I love my job (the same job), I'm laughing and smiling at home and yes, I love life! If you want a more positive and happier life then BUY THIS BOOK!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book if you take the time to absorb it, 2 Jun. 2010
This is not the easiest positive thinking book to read but if you take the time to read it slowly and absorb the messages in the book then it is one of the most powerful and effective books you will ever read! The author preaches quite a lot (he is a preacher) and gives too many examples of instant miracles which was quite off putting for me. However, despite that this book had a profound effect on me and has changed my outlook both on the power of being able to do what I think I can and surprisingly also "connection" with God. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a religious book but the guy does make sense. If you read this book and really understand the messages then you will change your view on what you think you can do. Go on, see if you can astound yourself!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of three must read books, 12 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
In 1990, this was just one of three great books that turned my life from a tradgedy to success. Back in 1990, I had a huge business that came crashing down. I was jobless and pennyless. Dr Peale's excellent book and a book that I had read many years before turned my life around. Within weeks, I had found a brand new opportunity and within months my income was at a all time personal high. The other two books? They were "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill and More Wealth without Risk" by Charles Givens. I obviously highly endorse all three. The priciples work. Please don't make the same mistake I did--read it and pack it away! Read the books, take good notes, apply and reread at once a year. It's very true that what you don't use, you'll lose. I know it happened to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Advice For Turning Dreams Into Reality, 16 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
A wonderful book....You can open it to any page and get into it very quickly. Dr. Peale tells us all the things we need to do to acheive our heart's fondest desires. Though written more than 25 years ago, the advice and tools he offers are timeless. Start reading and you will be "hooked"! I loved this book..you will too...

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration, 15 May 2011
What a wonderful man Norman Vincent Peale is. His books really do have a great affect. i first picked up one of his books about a year ago, and was slightly put off by the religious references so put it down. Again, this year I was drawn to it and started to read again - this time was different and I could not put it down. It has changed the way I think about things and I feel that I can do anything. His books are like having your own personal advisor. I've recommended his books to a few of my friends and they all say the same. If you're willing to change and be open to change this book may well turn things around for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars very inspiring, 14 Feb. 2011
I THOROUGHLY LOVED THIS BOOK AND IT HAS HELPED ME A ENORMASLEY..I RECCOMMEND EVERYONE READ IT,IT WAS SO INSPIRING.DR PEALE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE.

3.0 out of 5 stars A very Good Read, 26 Feb. 2011

Hence, I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as The Power of Positive Thinking by same author., 22 May 2012
I bought this book after reading The Power of Positive Thinking by the same author which I am a huge fan of. It is not as good and a bit repetative. Buy the original instead!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivational, 3 Mar. 2013
This is a great book. Other self help books have you believe that all you have to do is ask for what you want, believe and have faith, and that somehow all your dreams will come to you without you having to lift a finger. I'm just emerging from a period in my life that has been enormously challenging and find that I am stuck in relation to fulfilling the final step towards a brighter future. This book has motivated me and given me the confidence to believe in myself and most importantly to get to work and take action. I like the writing style and the author is a wise sage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your personal trainer on Kindle, 14 Sept. 2014
I do like this book, it feels like a personal friend boosting my confidence a little every time I read it. I might've rejected it years ago because of the Christian element but actually it doesn't dominate at all and is played down. Swap the religious words with 'love' and you won't be repelled at all anyway. I would urge anyone who needs a bit of encouragement, uplifting, a reason to go on or just a friend without forking out on a personal trainer/psychologist to get this, especially on Kindle, which makes it a private relationship between you and Doc Norman.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

You Can If You Think You Can (Personal Development)
You Can If You Think You Can (Personal Development) by Norman Vincent Peale (Paperback - 31 Mar. 1994)